Brewer Fanatic

Minnesota interested in Mench?

The way they present the possible trade in that article makes me think it would never happen. They are talking about a C-Level prospect from the Twins to the Crew AND have the Crew eat most of Mench's salary.

DM may or may not realize he picked up a dud with Mench but he's not going to unload him for free.

We still have a need for a righty off the bench too. I'd still rather have Mench than Gwynn in reserve. I don't see how the Brewers deal Mench unless they:

a) get another RH bat for the bench in the deal or in a separate deal.

b) believe that Graffanino is enough.

c) believe they can bring up someone from the minors like Rottino to fill that spot (which I don't think they would do).

Quote:
c) believe they can bring up someone from the minors like Rottino to fill that spot (which I don't think they would do).

They could bring up Joe Dillon from AAA, where he has a 981 OPS. He has mashed for several seasons in AAA. Melvin obviously likes him, as he added him to the 40 man roster a few weeks ago. He could at least match Mench offensively, and he's more versatile.

Its great news that someone is interested in Mench.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived