Brewer Fanatic

Blake Billings Interview

Jarjohm

We did an interview with Blake Billings this evening. Just thought you guys might want to check it out.

Blake Billings Interview

He was really impressive in his limited time in the Rookie League last year. It'll be interesting to watch him develop this year. He's hoping to make the Timber Rattlers roster out of spring, which might be a bit of a long shot for a guy coming out of high school with as little experience as he has, but if he pitches as well as he did last summer in Spring Training this year, they might have to think about it.

I would be surprised if Billings makes the Timber Rattlers at the start of the season. Odorizzi and several others might be a little bit ahead of him, but an injury or two this Spring or early in the season could change that. Since he is a HS guy I would imagine there is a chance he adds a tick or two to his pitches over the course of the years. If he can do that and maintain the control he cites as his strength he could be an exciting prospect. They might also hold him back a little to limit the stress on his young arm that would come with jumping into a full-season team.

I wish that I was able to make it down to spring training this year to watch guys like him first hand. He is someone that I would be interested to hear some firsthand brewerfan reports from ST about his stuff. hint hint...

Archived