Brewer Fanatic

trade for kaz matsui?

hes hitting well this year.

.312 AVG .320 OBP .466 OBP

16 SB

hes always been pretty solid with the leather.

only 2 errors this year.

from what ive found hes getting $1.5M this year. i dont know about the rest of his contract though.

Heres the link that got me thinking about this. its short and just says that he may be playing his way out of affordability in the future.

sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumo...=mlb,38706

the only question i have is why has he only started 44 games? was he injured? is jamey carrol that good? (better than his .212 avg shows?)

for those of you that think hes "just another utility infielder, we have one and his name is grafi" i think that is ridiculous. just like the brian roberts trade proposal (which i would love btw) KAZ is a definite upgrade over grafi. hes a bench player. he wasnt even wanted on the team. we got sort of stuck with him due to the unusual arby situation. we should have gotten a pick, but other teams realized he isnt good at playing this goofy game called baseball and wasnt worth said draft pick. hes been "heating up" i guess, but his stats this year plain stink.

i think the majority of us will say weeks wont simply get fixed all of a sudden. a trade to at least split a lot of time would be nice. i think this more of an option for us AND colorado than the roberts proposal. roberts is too valuable. kaz is not. colorado has a top 5 offense. they have a bottom 5 pitching staff.

i cant think of a proposal because of a few reasons.

-what do we do with grafi, who i dont want on the team.

-what pitcher could we give colorado, parra?

maybe grafi, $250,000 and one of our 3 or 4 major league ready AAA pitchers for him?

i think he is that much of an upgrade. it gives a .500 team with struggling pitching and good bats a slightly lesser 2b but nice BP help or maybe parra for cheap.

Archived