Brewer Fanatic

What do you think of MLB Network?

SoundsFan17
And let's face it, the Red Sox are the World Champs and the Yankees had a huge off-season, so it's not like you can avoid talking about them too much.

You're only half right there. I believe a certain team from Philadelphia are the reigning World Champs.

edit: I almost forgot to post what I was originally going to post. I'm really liking the 30 teams in 30 days show. A full show devoted to each team and that team only is great. I know ESPN has done something like that in the past, but it was only a 5-minute bit during Sportscenter, so this is much better. Plus, they have all-time team highlights and they try to make an all-time franchise starting lineup and bench.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoy it quite a bit. The reply of Hot Stove in the morning gets a little old, but I can't really complain. Last week I watched Mike Cameron's four-homer game and The Seasons for 1982. The rest of my family doesn't like it as much as I do, so I don't watch it as much as I'd like.

And let's face it, the Red Sox are the World Champs and the Yankees had a huge off-season, so it's not like you can avoid talking about them too much.

You're only half right there. I believe a certain team from Philadelphia are the reigning World Champs.

Whoops...I have no idea what I meant when I was posting that.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Has the MLB Network ever said if they will show minor league games? Do they have an affiliation with MiLB?

Cathedrals of the Game is actually a series from 2004-2005. They should either make new episodes or create a whole new show that does that same thing. I am a huge fan of minor league stadiums. I know Pat Sajak used to host a show where he traveled around the country going to minor league ballparks. That would be a nice addition to the MLB Network.

-EDIT: After doing some researching, it seems like Pat Sajak's shows focused on MLB stadiums. It was cool nonetheless.

They are showing two minor league games tomorrow so I'm guessing they do!

They had a discussion on PECOTA tonight. Wasn't really surprised by their opinions but it was nice to see them at least mention the saber side of things.

I think they need to bring back those old school 1950s home run derbies. Really though, I enjoy Harold Reynolds being back on TV.

You can find those Home Run Derby episodes on DVD now. I found a boxset of all three DVDs at Mega Media Xchange for $12 but you can get the discs individually all over the place for fairly cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=Home%20Run%20Derby%20%20%20&tag=swoggle6808-20&search-alias=dvd

They are showing two minor league games tomorrow so I'm guessing they do!

Just wanted to clarify that they are showing MLB spring training games today and throughout the preseason. I have not seen any minor league games listed in their schedule as of yet.

It would be great if they do show minor league games though. Additionally, I would love to see some more college baseball game coverage if possible!

I've really been enjoying the 30 in 30 specials as well. Here is the broadcast schedule as to when they will feature each team, looks like a few more weeks before the Brewers will be in the spotlight.

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/images/promotions/30_in_30/hdr_broadcast_schedule.gif
Date Time Team Watch
2/20 8:00 p.m. Boston Red Sox http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/images/button_video_small.png
2/21 8:00 p.m. Minnesota Twins http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/images/button_video_small.png
2/22 8:00 p.m. New York Yankees http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/images/button_video_small.png
2/23 8:00 p.m. Detroit Tigers http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/images/button_video_small.png
2/24 11:00 p.m. New York Mets
2/25 6:00 p.m. Florida Marlins
2/26 8:00 p.m. St. Louis Cardinals
2/27 8:00 p.m. Baltimore Orioles
2/28 8:00 p.m. Washington Nationals
3/1 8:00 p.m. Houston Astros
3/2 8:00 p.m. Atlanta Braves
3/3 8:00 p.m. Toronto Blue Jays
3/4 6:00 p.m. Tampa Bay Rays
3/5 8:00 p.m. Philadelphia Phillies
3/6 8:00 p.m. Cincinnati Reds
All times Eastern. Check schedule for re-airs »
Date Time Title Watch
3/7 6:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Pirates
3/8 8:00 p.m. Arizona Diamondbacks
3/9 5:00 p.m. Colorado Rockies
3/10 5:30 p.m. Chicago Cubs
3/11 5:30 p.m. L.A. Angels of Anaheim
3/12 8:00 p.m. San Francisco Giants
3/13 6:00 p.m. Seattle Mariners
3/14 11:30 p.m. San Diego Padres
3/15 7:30 p.m. Milwaukee Brewers
3/16 5:30 p.m. Cleveland Indians
3/17 5:30 p.m. Oakland Athletics
3/18 5:30 p.m. Texas Rangers
3/19 5:30 p.m. Kansas City Royals
3/20 12 midnight Los Angeles Dodgers
3/21 9:00 p.m. Chicago White Sox
Videos will be posted the day following each broadcast.

Houlie--try channel 122. that's where it is on my time warner
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some insight about these channels. I am moving to Hudson, WI around the start of the season and will probably need to get a package as I believe you can only get Twins games there? That may not be the case, but I don't know. Per MLB TV & MLB Extra Innings customer service, Brewer games are blacked out there. Any ideas on how to get the games?

Can anyone from Hudson (or surrounding area) confirm if the games are on local channels or if the packages will have the games available? Thanks

Anybody catch the Brewers 30 in 30 show? We didn't get back from Phoenix until late last night and I must have forgot to DVR it.

It does re-air on Sat 3/21 at 6:30 am though.

Thanks for the HD heads up brucrustu, I totally missed that tonight.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Anybody catch the Brewers 30 in 30 show? We didn't get back from Phoenix until late last night and I must have forgot to DVR it.

It does re-air on Sat 3/21 at 6:30 am though.

Thanks for the HD heads up brucrustu, I totally missed that tonight.

yeah it was pretty good though I didn't like their final conclusions for the team. Lot of talk about Gallardo and Parra being the new aces and interviews with Melvin, Hardy, Hart, Fielder, Gallardo and Hoffman.

I finally got a chance to watch it tonight. My wife loved Hardy's interview ("Well, losing definitely sucked.") I thought it was well done. Plesac had the huge man-love for the Brewers, though. And totally gushed over Molitor and Yount way too much.

But he did make comment about Uecker and Bob Betts, although 97% of viewers didn't understand what the big deal was with "Drive. . . home . . . safely."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My biggest issue with the conclusions was that they seemed to think we would fail because of an uncertain rotation but having watched the entire season a number of other teams with a lot of question marks in the rotation got better grades. I don't see a reason to be more positive about Houston or St. Louis for rotations as an example and both of them got more positive feedback than we did.

MLB Network just displayed a graphic that was apparently supposed to show how the absence of Joe Mauer affected the Twins' record.

With Mauer: 74-64

Without Mauer: 13-11

Of course, it's necessary to pretend that the samples are big enough to matter. Even if they were, 75-64 is a .540 win percentage. 13-11 is a .542 win percentage.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Even if they were, 75-64 is a .540 win percentage. 13-11 is a .542 win percentage.
OMG, that's really funny. In a sort of incompetent-please don't become espn-way. I like MLB network so far. It ain't perfect, but round the clock baseball all year long is wonderful. Especially when it's not 24/7 Yankees/Red Sox. I'll watch actual games on espn but I stopped watching their baseball coverage years ago. It stinks.

Archived