Brewer Fanatic

What do you think of MLB Network?

SoundsFan17

I have already formed my own opinions, but I'm curious about what other Brewers/ MLB fans think on behalf of myself and MLB product research and development.
Do you like/ dislike MLB Network?
Do you get or not get it?
Improvements?

I will mail the general consensus of opinions and suggestions to MLB upon monthly inquiry.
Thanks!

Nashville winters are WAY better than Milwaukee winters.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on the Ken Burns Baseball more often.

I like what they are doing right now and am looking forward to when there is more original content. I love the seasons show, I learn so much that I didn't know. MLB network has taken over ESPNEWS as what goes on if nothing good is on.

I really like the Hot Stove coverage, and the commontators as a whole are pretty good. I really like the "Prime 9" and "Cathedrals of the Game". I was a little worried when they played the exact same game for like the first week that they started non-stop. Glad to see that they had other things lined up. The 30 in 30 should be pretty good too.

I'm hoping they show some minor league games. At least show some games of the maybe future stars of the league. I would have liked to see Price pitch last year before he was up with the Rays.

The MLB network isn't great but it is better than ESPN with its baseball coverage.

I'm a big fan of the network. Today I woke up to see Ryan's 7th no hitter. I didn't realize he thew nearly all fastballs, but it was that good (and wild) that guys couldn't lay off of it.

Then they had a classic game of Yanks vs Tigers with Fidrych on the mound and Uecker as a commentator. Uecker started talking about his hitting prowess and had a good 2 minute-story that had me crying I was laughing so loudly

I really like it overall. However the hot stove coverage has the same flaws of baseball tonight. A bunch of ex players talking in cliches and acting all silly anytime someone brings up the statistical side of the game. I do like the interviews they have done on hot stove though. When Henderson broke down how he stole, Lincecum broke down his pitching motion etc, that part was good.

Can someone who has Time Warner Cable help me out? The network website says Time Warner carries it and it should be free... it is channel 107 on my TV... but it keeps telling me that I need to order it for it to be available. I called TWC twice and both of their operators had no idea what I was talking about... had no idea what the MLB network was ...

Help?

liveforoctober, sometimes you can get it to work by switching back and forth to another channel. It seems to work for me if I watch the other channel for a couple minutes. You can also cut the power to your box and restart it. Or change out the box.
Formerly AKA Pete

I love it. I watch it a lot. Like others have said they do love them some Yankees and Red Sox but it isn't as bad as ESPN. Loved Hot Stove which starting tomorrow will now be MLB Tonight. Also enjoy the "greatest games", Ken Burns's Baseball and Prime 9.

I also pretty much like all of the talent on the channel. Especially Hazel Mae, very nice.

Look forward to more contributions from Bob Costas.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'll agree with pretty much everything that others have said thus far. That said, I'm patiently awaiting the start of the season to see how their nightly show will compare to Baseball Tonight on ESPN. Will they really have things non-Yankee/RedSox biased or will those teams garner the majority of the first 20 minutes every episode.

I think it will be pretty neat having them on from the start of East Coast games until the West Coast games are over. I would imagine there will be live look-ins all over the league, since they installed their cameras in every ballpark. Bob Costas, I assume, will handle the play-by-play but who is the color commentator? Is Trenni the sideline reporter? I also assume that Matty V. will anchor the nightly desk or will he be sharing duties with some of the other non-players they have?

I also love hearing Harold Reynolds again, as well as Dan Plesac and Barry Larkin. I was pleasantly surprised when they had Mitch Williams on the other night, too. And Jim Kaat gives an old-time feel to the network, giving some different views of the players.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wish I could find out. I have DishNetwork and they told me they haven't made a decision on whether to carry it or not. Anyone have any other info about Dish?? I have a feeling I might have to switch to DirectTV to get the channel.

Dish Network subscribers most likely will NOT be able to recieve MLB Network. Direct TV, Comcast, Time Warner, and Charter subscribers should be able to get it in the respective markets. If you are in a market that recieves MLB network and are not picking it up, the problem is that the box either needs to be reprogramed or replaced due to the HD content of the network programing. Many of the sportsdesk oriented segments of MLB network have the most HD background imaging of any HD channel available, including ESPN. I highly recommend getting a subscription to Direct TV to get the best picture quality available.

Thanks for all the feedback. Please continue to post more comments, suggestions, and programming issues (such as black outs, time delay/ sound delay, scheduling, etc..) that you might have encountered.

Go Sounds!

Go Brewers!

Nashville winters are WAY better than Milwaukee winters.

I don't want to be a jerk but isn't there another thread to discuss your cable company or cable vs satellite? It's a little bit irritating to be reading about the topic and then the thread gets turned around on cable and error messages. And yes I do realize this very post isn't about the original topic. Thanks

I absolutely love it, best channel on tv, especially for people like me who live baseball 24/7. I'll be curious to see what it's like as we get into the season which will be the 1st for this channel. Baseball Tonight usually only lasts an hour on ESPN which never is enough so this channel is the ultimate one to watch.

I actually would love more games from the 80s. I think they could show a ton more old games then they do. They seem to show 1-2 a week and repeat it the entire week.

I don't think the station is nearly as Yankees-Red Sox biased as you guys do... it seems people on this board hate those teams so much that they see any coverage of those teams as bias.

Rp

Honestly, I keep forgetting I even have this channel. Charter has it on a really weird channel (84, I think) and not in HD. I forget it's there because it's not around any other channels I watch.

Anyway, from what I have seen, I would agree with MessiahRp that it seems like the coverage is pretty even all the way around. And let's face it, the Red Sox are the World Champs and the Yankees had a huge off-season, so it's not like you can avoid talking about them too much.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived