Brewer Fanatic

Help me find this bobble...

madgrad

I have been in search of a 2003 Powder Blue Paul Molitor bobble for some time now. I can find it on eBay from time to time, but I am not willing to pay the price that it goes for...it is ridiculous. If you can help me out for a reasonable price let me know. Otherwise I can trade as I have extras of the 2004 Powder Blue Jim Gantner and the 2008 Helena Brewers Ryan Braun.

Thanks.

good luck madgrad. as far as I know that's the most difficult bobble to get, with a runner up going to the Charlie Moore powder blue (since they handed it out at a cubs game, and most chicago fans apparently broke theirs intentionally)...luckily I got one at the gate. it was the first bobblehead I ever got, and I'm assuming since bobbles weren't as big of a collectors item is now. a lot of them were probably broken as kids and adults alike tend to pull them out and swing em around till heads pop off, etc. what was the last price you saw it go for? i've seen it go usually over 100, and one closer to 150.

fortunately, i picked one of the powder blue ones at that marlins game in 03. funny that just last week, she reminded me of her aggrivation of when we walked in and out to grab a few extras (over 5 years ago!!!). this was way before the wave of popularity, i picked up a few extra tix for $5 / each. if i somehow had that one on my want-list, i wouldnt hesitate to pick one up for $100 "buy-it-now". i agree that $76 / $80 are decent pickup prices for the lucky bidders.

I've seen the last two go on eBay (from the same seller, I might add) for $74 and $69. I make it a rule not to pay more than the cheapest price I've seen. I figure $50 is reasonable for me. I actually had the opportunity to get one for less than $30 shipped on eBay last week, but wasn't fast enough. The seller just had the box in the picture, so I emailed asking what color it was. The next day I got the email stating that it was the powder blue version, but was literally less than 10 minutes late to log on and see that it was sold. I know that there are a bunch out there collecting dust, and I figure the best way to find one for a reasonable price is on this board. I've traded with many on this board and it is a good place to go to buy memorabilia without getting ripped off.

fortunately, i picked one of the powder blue ones at that marlins game in 03. funny that just last week, she reminded me of her aggrivation of when we walked in and out to grab a few extras (over 5 years ago!!!).
Same here. I was a volunteer coach for the local American Legion summer baseball program here, and that game just happened to be American Legion day at the park. The head coach was given 12 free tickets, and he decided to split them up between the 2 assistant coaches. I couldn't find anyone else besides my dad to go, so we had 6 tickets. My dad thought I was crazy going in and out of the stadium to collect 6 bobbleheads, but I was glad I did. I didn't end up getting a powder blue one, but I sold my 5 extra regulars which paid for my powder blue plus some.

I think that was actually the bobblehead that got me addicted to them. I had picked up a couple here and there at Brewers games... and my first one was actually an Elton Brand I picked up at a Bulls game during the 00-01 season... but the Molitor was the one that got me addicted.

Back when this bobble-head was given away I was still in the mind-set of getting every bobble-head the Brewers released (including the alternate versions). I believe I paid around $75 including shipping (I know it was more than $50) for the powder-blue Molitor within a couple days after the giveaway. I'm glad that they tend to sell for more than what I paid back then.

Well I find myself regretting ever asking for help completing my collection. I figured this was the best place to find other fans who would be willing to help others. Just like the ticket policy on this site, where you can't sell for more than face value, I thought someone who had an extra may be willing to sell not for the sake of making a giant profit, but for the satisfaction of advancing another Brewer fan's collection. This is Brewerfan.net, isn't it?

I understand supply and demand, and I know the "street value" of this bobble. It is always changing, and for some to say you can get $100 or even $150...try again. That used to be the going price on eBay, and may be again some day, but right now they are going for less than $80. Still not the price I want to pay, and if I can't find anyone willing to sell for the price I want to pay, no worries. I wasn't expecting the guy who buys 100 Bernie's Terrace seats to every bobble game just to sell the bobbles, both regular and rare versions, for top dollar to find my post and be willing to sell to me for the price I asked. Just another fan.

This was the best place for me to find someone to help me obtain this bobble for the price I want to pay....not Craigslist or eBay...but now I am doubting that.

let's just calm down. After all we are only talking about bobbleheads. He was just asking a simple question looking for a deal. What's so wrong with that. Did anyone ever think his going rate that he wants to pay is 50.BHF you may be tired od people doing this and that's fine but come on you went a bit overboard with the drama. I agree that the people may not sell it for that cheap but the man can't ask. Stop getting in your feeling over stupid stuff. But from now on every post you start I'll make sure to complain about something. Since you feel like you can do it to others. Cause I don't think he asked you to sell yours.

MadGrad- I don't understand the regret for making this post. One person makes a snide comment, and it was a bad decision to make the post? In my opinion, the more posts this thread gets, the better chance you have of finding one. If nobody replies, it just sinks to the bottom and page 2 quicker. The longer it stays on top, the better for you. But I agree with BHF somewhat in why should someone sell something for maybe $100 less that what they could get for it? Asking to pay $50 just seems like you're wanting to rip someone off. And because this is a Brewers fan board, where many here collect bobbles and know what they are worth, I doubt you are going to find anyone to rip off.

BHF- I'm just laughing because where in the world does it say anywhere that collectors aren't fans? You go into your whole rant... but there wasn't one person in this thread that said anything about what you are ranting about. Good grief. Do you think you're the only collector on this site? Actually, probably most people that read this thread are collectors... so we probably realize that we aren't low lifes. He didn't ask you to sell him your bobblehead, but you make a snotty remark and then go into a rant about how people think you're a low-life. It just makes you sound like one of those really old people that sit around and find some reason to complain about everything.

I must've missed the rant. Oh well...next time.

And I guess I do realize that trying to find one for the price I want to pay is going to be rough. I don't agree too often with the price of most bobbles, which is why I don't have all of them. Since people agree that the going rate for this bobble is about $100, the best thing for me to do is find something in my collection worth about the same to trade. That way both would benefit from the transaction.

I enjoy the fact that this board allows members to buy, sell, and trade memorabilia in a reasonable manner. I have obtained a few bobbles for my collection through trades and I think both benefited from the experience. Thanks to those who responded positively to this post thus far.

Archived