Brewer Fanatic

Favorite Brewerfan.net Users

twobrewers
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brawndo's got what I crave: well thought out and reasoned posts. (And electrolytes!)
I agree; and GYPE, you do "well thought out" posts pretty well yourself.

Between those of you whose posts I enjoy (whether regularly, or a single well-placed grand-slam post-for-the-ages), those of you with whom I've made trading post transactions (some of which were remarkably kind, considering that we mostly know each other only through a message board), and those of you whom I've met in person...any list I made would be too long to practically post here, and would still be incomplete.

Still, I'll give out some special nods:

The ladies of bf.net (among them tristarscoop, ewizabeff, principessa21, brewermary15 and of course Nicole the Baker), because it's nice not to be the only XX in the group.

I'm extra impressed by AmyintheSouth - that you just up and started following the Brewers, and care about our little flyover-country franchise despite living in Boston, where there appears to be enough sports hubris to distract anyone from the rest of the world. (OK, that last part is based on one small-sample visit.)

kalle8 (the one man italian brew crew). Imagine my astonishment, and delight, that you follow the Brewers from a different hemisphere, despite presumably never having even visited here. I wish I could have high fived you after that September 28 game last fall, just for your effort in following it.

sbrylski hasn't been mentioned here yet (that I've noticed), so here's to you, Sam.

TheBwaz and LaprilOne, our multigenerational posting dynasty. I met TheBwaz once (we kept the seats warm! I almost cried when I saw your post about that after the Brewers won last 9/28) and would be pleased to meet LaprilOne some day.

bensheeps and his (so far non-posting, but Brewers-warped) family. They live near my brother's family in a small town and help keep my nephew interested in the Brewers.

jflick1215, expressly for the post which my current signature quotes. In that overnight from September 27 to September 28, it provided many of us with a needed bit of motivation and fan emotion.

Others I've met in person (in random order): davego, wisconsinfan47, TooLiveBrew and the Madison softball guys, bobble brian, jason21nl, zachlaka and Parkside21 (who had the guts to ask me in the MP concourse one day if I was hawing. I need to get up that kind of nerve more often so I could meet even more of you).

I also appreciate many old guard-ish posters, some of whom have already been mentioned: EdgarDiazRocks, RyDogg66, rluzinski, Pedro, Rickey24, and more.

Last but not least, I give a shout out to the other moderators and staff. We put in a crazy amount of effort to keep things operational and civil around here, and not exactly with a 100% approval rating from all members. 1992casey's efforts in particular are tireless in ways that most of you do not see (but I do).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Fatter than Joey and TooLiveBrew are two guys I always enjoy disagreeing with. Though I am an unrepentant Ned fan they still tolerate me. For that I have to give them the nod as my favorites. Oh and they have good takes on a variety of Brewer subjects not Ned related so that helps.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I would have to say I am my favorite poster, hands down. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

But seriously, I think xis's posts are (were) my favorite to read.

Most insightful/stat minded/cohesive/reliable, I couldn't say. There's more than enough knowledge to go around here.

I guess my favorite poster is hammytime. If you don't know, hammytime is my wife. She doesn't post too often, but when she does, she usually makes it count.

Oh, and she's my wife, so I better pick her.

I appreciate all the mods and administrators, too. But I can't really pick a favorite of the rest of the crowd.

And thanks to those who voted for me!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

A rundown . . .

TooLiveBrew : Volume, Volume, Volume. I hear he's afraid of crossing rivers 'tho. At least he's got good taste in women if not beer.

Katuluu: Man that guy never forgets anything, especially if it has to do with David Hasselhoff and a cheap knockoff lightsaber.

SoCalBrewfan: Ahhh . . .the voice of reason

Brian the Whatever he is this Month.: That guy is on facebook a lot, even when he's at the hospital, again.

Ajay: I've said it before. Best. Brewer Fan. Ever.

Russ: Pushing the envelope since '03. Geek.

Hawing: Nice enough for a book nerd, but a little weird. For god's sake, why would anyone plug my name into a search engine? I did make her hum some Schoolhouse Rocks once, so there's that.

And That: How them sideburns coming? Got some PBR light in the fridge that I bought as a joke. I'll mail it to you.

Robert: Prolly vibrating as the Watchmen movie nears. At least he was down with my Sidney Pollock hate in the Retro Oscar thread. So he's not all bad. ;-)

The Al-Tron 3000: Aww. Was it me? Let's just say it was me.

And it goes without saying that having Mass Haas and Colbyjack around embiggens us all.

And finally I would like to give a shout out to our newest member saxyman1004 for having somebody dressed as Artie the Stongest Man in the World from The Adventures of Pete and Pete as his avatar.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/1983629320845fbde228de17cabd3531fc5e9bbc_t.gif

Unless that's Where's Waldo, if that's the case then GO TO HELL N00B!!

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/images/bw_ruffed_lemur2_small.jpg

I really have enjoyed many posters' contributions in the year and a half I have spent as a member of the forum. It's hard to narrow down, but I've enjoyed what And That, brettac, and FTJ have brought to the table. Honestly, I haven't run across many posts that I didn't find at least somewhat insightful here, so kudos to all.

I vote ewizabeff off the island. It's pretty clear her driving from Milwaukee to Nashville makes her too much of a Brewers fan for the rest of us to handle http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif and thus a 'bad' poster.

EDR's calling me weird. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

I totally forgot about obsessedwithbrewcrew. How many sports websites have their own Weatherman? That alone would put him on the list, but I also appreciate his stance on baseball.

lcbj68c

I created a thread to ask for a club level seat recommendation and a message appeared in my inbox the next day. User "lcbj68c" offered me his two club level seats free of charge. I originally figured it was some junior high school aged cubs fan sitting in his basement messing with brewerfan members, but over the course of several email exchanges, we arranged to meet in the parking lot on the day that we made our annual 3 hour trek to the keg. We put some extra Iowa sweet corn and a smoked pork chop on the grill for Luke and enjoyed talking with him about Brewer history before the game. The guy was a class act and I wish him the best.

Bring Back the Stein

The prose within his posts sometimes brings me to tears.

Mass Haas

The Daily Link Report has made me a better educated fan of the Brewers.

Molitorfan

Like most new users, I was somewhat wary about writing posts when I first joined the site. Getting some positive feedback from Molitorfan kept me coming back.

I vote ewizabeff off the island. It's pretty clear her driving from Milwaukee to Nashville makes her too much of a Brewers fan for the rest of us to handle http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif and thus a 'bad' poster.

Look out, from the way your wife is talking I may be making the drive again this summer. She told me that "Gamble" guy is supposed to be fun to watch. hehe.

I'd hate to have to sit and think of a list of favorite users, because there are really so many great ones here whose posts I love to read. I'm going to go with RobertR as a user that really stands out to me, though. He's been around since the beginning, he's always very level-headed, and he picks his spots really well. The couple of times I've met him in real life, he's been awesome as well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't have a favorite poster here because I hate Brewerfan.net and all it's supporters.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I want to give kudos to the moderators here. This is the only Brewers message board that I go to. It's a place for intelligent conversation (the pointless random thoughts thread excluded http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif) and non-confrontational discussion. I don't read topics like, "MAN DAVE BUSH SUKCS!!!!!!" here

I'm a father of two elementary school students who like to read over my shoulder, so I also appreciate the ban of vulgarity as well.

P.S. Does everyone know I am a guy? With a first name of Tracy, it gets mixed up a lot.

P.S. Does everyone know I am a guy? With a first name of Tracy, it gets mixed up a lot.
I already knew that, but even if I hadn't for sure before reading the "father" part in your post above, your series of WWE avatars might have given me a clue. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif (Also playing the percentages, knowing that most of this community is male.)

And if that weren't enough, there was a boy named Tracy in my elementary school class - not you - so the notion of a guy being named Tracy doesn't faze me.

Anyone ever see "Puddle Cruiser"? It's the original Broken Lizard movie. "Traci with an 'I'? So not only is it a firsty-firsty, it's a firsty-firsty girly-girly." But seriously, I think a better thread would be, "Who at Brewerfan sticks out as being completely dense?" The users are few and far between. Brewerfan is like that hip liberal arts school where they encourage free thought and the bullies are the ones who are the outcasts. Unfortunately, I've always been a bully.

Archived