Brewer Fanatic

Favorite Brewerfan.net Users

twobrewers

In honor of the Oscars, I was wondering if fellow posters on Brewerfan.net had other posters that they particularly enjoyed reading. I really enjoy a few members insights and opinions. (Of course, there are also a few who go the other way - but I figure we better keep this thread civil!) I will also say I have never met any of these people - so personal/offline opinions are non existent.

Favorite Posters (Cheating edition - moderators)
1. colbyjack
2. pogocat
3. And That
4. Brian The Automator (Although he doesn't seem to post as much anymore)

Favorite Posters (Real edition)
1. Ennder (Great insight. Fair and balanced. Usually mixes quality statistics with opinions.)
2. battlekow (Although I don't think he posts much/anymore)
3. TooLiveBrew (Always a ton of posts. Plays pretty fair)
4. Agent39 (Never says much - but I always like some first hand scoop)
5. DadofAndrew (I think he left. He had a blog - so I suppose I could read that if I really wanted)

Anyone else have some favorites they like to read?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor in a Leading Role - Colbyjack

Actor in a Supporting Role - ennder

Actress in a Leading Role - Hawing

Actress in a Supporting Role - Tristarcoop and ewizabeff (the only other female posters I know of)

Animated Feature Film - GenoSeligPrieb

Art Direction - RobertR

Cinematography - Katuluu

Directing - Agent39

Documentary Feature - EdgarDiazRocks

Documentary Short - RedBirdRay

Foreign Language Film - rluzinski

Music (Score) - andthat

Best Picture - MassHaas

Short Film (Animated) - MadtownBomber

Short Film (Live Action) - battlekow

Writing (Adapted Screenplay) - TooLiveBrew

Writing (Original Screenplay) - Pogocat

Career Achievement Awards to Ricky24 and Pedro

I think the best poster hands down on this site is:

Bring Back the Stein --

and it's not even close in my mind. Of course GenoSeligPrieb is otherworldly as well.

The guy who had the avatar with the headless Turnbow bobbledoll I think is the best avatar I have ever seen on this site.

Ironically, I think my favorite recurring posts that occur on this site are the Oscar recaps that RobertR does, I really appreciate the effort he puts into those.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taint McFadden
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Bring Back the Stein won me over last spring, with this lead post. He was prescient enough to speak of Brewers hardship the night before Yovani's ACL injury.

As for others (there are many, because I see what most if not all of you contribute), I'll have to give it some thought.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

- colbyjack is probably my favorite overall poster

- Anytime I see rluzinski made a post, I will take time to read it

- dadofandrew is (was?) hilarious, albeit completely unintentionally...

- Fatter than Joey was my favorite ally during the anti-Yost movement, and from what I recall was one of a handful that was fully aware and adamant of Yost's awfulness very early on...

- GenoSeligPrieb is a classic fave, although he doesn't seem to post much anymore

- As far as unbridled pessimism goes, xisxisxis was great, although again, doesn't appear much anymore

my favorites are rluzinski, colbyjack, ennder, brewerjamie15 and and that.

my favorite for trading post guys is probably bigjase and billyhallfan. thats the area i tend to check out most these days. i'd love to see both their collections in real life, not just in pics. same for a few other guys whose names escape me. i really hope BHF updates his bobble page, that was/is great. If you want any help, lemme know. I'll at least scout current prices for you, besides that i'm pretty useless for HTML stuff.

pedro gets props for his generosity alone.

Rather than being redundant, I'll mention some that haven't been acknowledged yet: crewcrazy, brewjihad, Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator, tristarscoop.

I'm sure that I'll probably be back with more.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

one I like not yet mentioned:

pitchleague

Plus I always enjoy 1992casey and his quote guideline reminders.

My personal fav avatar, besides my own of course, was bta's cigar weilding dude hanging out the side of that car-limo. That was classic. Probably even better if I knew the back story.

- Fatter than Joey was my favorite ally during the anti-Yost movement, and from what I recall was one of a handful that was fully aware and adamant of Yost's awfulness very early on...

Amen... Yeah, it was definitely an uphill struggle... I definitely owe you a beer or three for your anti-Yost steadfastness. Your "DFA" avatars are the best DJ43.

Archived