Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Ticket Lottery

BadgerFan
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no word on my or my wife's email. I must not have entered correctly. That, or they are trying to assign seats to the winners and that is taking longer. From a ticket sales perspective, it kind of sucks for the brewers that they got the scrubs on the first weekend. That would've been a sell out regardless, should have just made it against the D-Backs or some other irrelevant team like the Marlins.

Anyone else notice we started at home vs SF last year and on the road vs the Cubs last year? Sort of interesting.

Formerly Andersoc420

I won. The subject line was "Your opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets." My opportunity was today at 10am. Tickets were pretty sparse, I got two seats together in 418 and had to buy two single seats in TR. I might have the two single seats available if my friends don't want them.

I didn't win the marquee game drawing, but I'm okay with that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Congrats blingster!

I'd at least like to receive my "you lose" email to completely deflate me.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Sitting here counting my money to see if I have enough to do some purchasing on the secondary market...
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Still no response. I'm guessing I should assume I'm out of luck.

At first I wondered if I had mis-typed my email or something fluky happened, but having so many people going through the same thing, I know it wasn't something I did (or didn't) do.

For those people who haven't heard one way or the other, I'd consider calling the Brewer ticket office. It certainly can't hurt. I heard of similar things happening to people here at UW in the student lottery for football tickets, and it turned out that a lot of the people who didn't get emails actually won tickets.

I just called the ticket office and explained I didn't get an email, and the person I spoke with said all emails have gone out, and regardless, there are no more opening day tickets available. She blamed it on my spam settings, blah blah blah, which isn't the case. Oh well, no more holding out hope.

I just called the ticket office and explained I didn't get an email, and the person I spoke with said all emails have gone out, and regardless, there are no more opening day tickets available. She blamed it on my spam settings, blah blah blah, which isn't the case. Oh well, no more holding out hope.

Well that stinks. Like some other posters have already mentioned, it would have been nice to hear something one way or another. I received no response on either of my email addresses. Those of us that didn't hear anything back must really be the ultimate losers in the lottery

I called too and got the same response. I also made a little joke about my spam filter being alright to receive the 4 pack email the Brewers sent yesterday. Oh well, I won the playoff lottery last year, so I can't be too upset about not getting opening day tickets.

I talked to a friend of mine today and his Dad was one of the lottery winners. He said that he bought his tickets yesterday and only SRO were available.

Spam filter...that's funny. Like Kingsbury said, I've received all of the other emails including the 4-pack one yesterday. I read that thing top to bottom hoping there was a hidden "you won", but no luck.

I won the Marquee lottery, but you can only buy eight total to the 11 games. For those of you interested, here's the email text:

Marquee Games 2nd Chance Presale

The Brewers would like to thank you for registering for the chance to purchase Marquee Game tickets prior to the General Public onsale. As a participant of the 2nd chance presale, you may purchase a total of EIGHT tickets to the 11 Marquee games noted below (excludes Opening Day). All games are subject to availability at time of purchase; and may include singles, obstructed view, and standing room only.

Enter the password you received via email below, and on the next page click on the "T" next to the first game you wish to purchase. You will be able to choose additional games for purchase on the shopping cart page by selecting "Add another game." Thank you for your continued support of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Game List

Saturday, April 11 at 6:05pm vs. Cubs

Sunday, April 12 at 7:05pm vs. Cubs

Friday, May 8 at 7:05pm vs. Cubs

Saturday, May 9 at 6:05pm vs. Cubs

Sunday, May 10 at 1:05pm vs. Cubs

Friday, June 12 at 7:05pm vs. White Sox

Saturday, June 13 at 2:55pm vs. White Sox

Sunday, June 14 at 1:05pm vs. White Sox

Monday, September 21 at 7:05pm vs. Cubs

Tuesday, September 22 at 7:05pm vs. Cubs

Wednesday, September 23 at 7:05pm vs. Cubs

I think the Brewers need to find a better way to handle this opening day tix. I just get this sick feeling in my stomach that I will turn on the TV and watch the game and see dirty cubs fans there! I just hope that I am wrong!!!
A good majority of Opening Day tickets will be going to season ticket holders so if there are a lot of Cubs fans, you know who to look at.

Archived