Brewer Fanatic

Braun "Pumping Fist" Photo

BrewCrewForever

This may not be the one you are referring to, but it is my desktop picture at work (double bonus, I work with Cubs fans, haha):

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/059xb62cAB3Mk/610x.jpg

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'll be honest, I didn't realize that the photo was "famous." I mean, you can't even see his face. I also don't think that I have seen that photo before.

Anyways, I won't close the thread yet. Maybe others have more pictures/screen grabs of the fist pump or whatever. I honestly thought you were talking about when he rounded FIRST base and gave a high five.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I would just think that with all the photographers at the game that day that somebody from the third base side would have snapped a better angle on that shot.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

i cant figure out how to put the pic in, but i have a great one of him jumping after the homer. he probably jumped a herculean 12 feet in the air, and you can see the fans going crazy in the background. its one of my favorite pics i have. i'll send it in an email or something if someone wants to give me their email.

i tried to use the "add pic" icon when i wanted to reply, but seeing that i am illiterate to quality blogging, i couldn't figure out how to choose which pic i want. it kept automatically choosing a pic of dennys reyes i like showing people when they say you have to be a great athlete to play ball.

i'll email it, or if with some help, i'll attempt again to get it on here.

The picture above was my first time, if I can do it anyone can. There are instructions in the link below, but basically just upload the picture to your Yuku account by clicking on the images link at the very top of the page (next to your screen name). You'll create an album and can add images to it. Once they're in an album you can add those images to any post.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=4194

now, see, those shots are much better (no offense to the lead picture) since there is so much more to see than just Braun's backside. (well, to me at least)

Is that Escobar poised up with his leg on the railing? Good thing he didn't fall and tear a hammy or something.

- - - - - - - - -

It looks like Braun is caught up in a boxing match 12 feet to the right of the 1B line. Nice right hook Braunie!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

now, see, those shots are much better (no offense to the lead picture) since there is so much more to see than just Braun's backside. (well, to me at least)
I understand. I also value the crowd reaction visible in the photo crackley posted.

I'm about the polar opposite of an in-your-face kind of person, but even I appreciate the image of The Riot looking morose in the background of the first photo. Good thing, I guess, if that's what we're going to see every time we pick up the media guide this year.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I wonder how many of these pics Braun has personally. Or other giant play homeruns.

They may consider it just another day at the office, but I'm sure some ballplayers hunt these photos down for themselves for a scrapbook.

Better yet, it'd be great to have the chance to walk into Braun's house, and see all these 8x10's of him, signed and framed up and down the steps, hallways, etc.

Would anyone have a bigger version of these pictures? If so, and you could email it to BlueDevils4life1(AT)wi.rr.com that would be really really cool. I've got a 22" monitor and I need a good background image, but these look too blurry stretched out to fit it.

Thanks in advance. These pictures give me the chills every time because I just think of the noise that came from that stadium when it happened. Wow, I hope I get to experience that again in my life.

I think Theriot's expression in the first photo is what makes it awesome to me. It is really showcases the two extremes of sports in one picture: exhilaration and disappointment.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I still think Theriot's expression is pretty much the expression any opposing team player would have for just about any home run during the season. Plus, he has that smug look on his face that says, "eh, what do I care? We nailed down our playoff spot last week." Yeah, yeah, you may say that he's out of focus and blurry, but I can see it, darn it all!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

Archived