Brewer Fanatic

WI proposes new Brewer license plates

DatHoser
The more creative amongst us can choose to incorporate the 'M' in the logo in their personalization, bringing the number of letters available to seven.

Honor a Brewer legend, past or present: M OLITOR, M CCLUNG!

I bet anything a M OLITOR license plate wouldn't last to long on a car in any MP parking lot. M CCLUNG maybe http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to get a personalized plate and use it for one year, then retire it to some place of honor in our house and move to an ordinary plate. The only questions for me will be which design, and how to personalize. I have a few ideas for the latter and will simply await the unveiling to decide on the former.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd like to get a personalized plate and use it for one year, then retire it to some place of honor in our house and move to an ordinary plate. The only questions for me will be which design, and how to personalize. I have a few ideas for the latter and will simply await the unveiling to decide on the former.
I think you're required to get "SHARPIE", or some derivative thereof.

I need to pay my renewal by the end of the month - probably won't be ready by wednesday. boo.
Yeah...how will this work? Do you have to wait until your renewal comes up? I just renewed mine as well...hate to have to wait a year, while all the better "names" are taken.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm not sure how it will work, but I'm not convinced you have to wait until your normal renewal time to switch. It'll probably be similar to the process for getting Packer plates, and here are some of the instructions for that:

Send the following items:

1. Completed Packer License

Plates Application form, MV2917

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/images/software/pdf.gif.

2. $15 issuance fee OR personalized plate fee.
  3. A $25 tax-deductible donation, which maintains Lambeau

Field in

Green Bay. The $25 donation is deductible if you itemize

your income

tax returns.

4. Annual

registration fee if you do not have plates or if

your current plates expire within the next three months.

5. Check or money order

made payable to: Registration Fee Trust.

6. Mail with

payment to:

(bold added by me)

Our current plates expire in September. The above makes me think that we could apply now/soon with the Brewers-related fees, and not pay the annual registration fee until September. Either that or we'd pay now, and would have our renewal time reset to April (thus not having to pay a renewal fee in September 2010).

Liz, if I were you I'd contact the DOT and ask how to proceed. My guess is that they'd say renew your ordinary plates now, and when you apply for the Brewers plates you don't have to include the annual fee, only the special Brewer fees. Patrick425, I suspect that since you just paid, you too would "only" be charged the Brewer fees, until your next annual renewal.

I don't know for sure, though. I'm a state employee but DOT is not my agency.

So...you can get 7 characters?

Edit: Another question. I was looking at the GB licence plate application form. It give you 3 options for personalization. What happens if all 3 are taken? Do they reject the application? Do they contact you and ask for further choices? Also, can you have a personalized Brewer plate that has the same "phrase" that someone else is using on a non-brewer plate?

I suppose I should just call the DOT with all these questions.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Wow. For some reason I did not imagine a navy/blue background for the plates. They look nice, though, and I especially like the uniform-appropriate fonts used for "Milwaukee Brewers."

Patrick425, I think the Packer application asks for your contact information in case they have to ask you for a "fourth choice" in personalization; the Brewer application will probably follow suit.

I don't know if the same personalized phrase can be used on different style plates, though if anyone uses a Brewers plate for something like a Favre message, part of me would be tempted to key their vehicle.

I don't know if the same personalized phrase can be used on different style plates, though if anyone uses a Brewers plate for something like a Favre message, part of me would be tempted to key their vehicle.
You key one side. I'll key the other side.

So...you can get 7 characters?

I think the state has allowed seven characters for a while now, with the caveat that you're not allowed to include a space.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

These look great, much better then the Packer plates, IMO. I was hoping they would have the blue background, because I have a blue Eclipse. I just have to figure out which style goes better with my car.

• 2 weeks later...
For those pondering the license plate purchase, the terrace level fan store (at least; I'd imagine the others do too) has one of each style in a display case. The ball-glove logo plate is gorgeous in my opinion - not saying I only live in the past; I just like the design - but I am slightly chagrined to report that now that I've seen it in person, I think its blue would clash a bit with our light blue car. We may have to go with the navy instead.

If you bypass personalization, all you really have to do is show up with your vehicle registration and enough $$ at a DMV facility, and there you go. I'm on vacation after Friday and just might do that myself.

But yeah, we were caught off guard to have a vehicle with a modern logo plate pass us en route to MP yesterday.

The following plates are not available any longer:

BRAUNY TRUBLU BRWCRW GET UP GONE I thought it would be cool to have GET UP and the wife have GONE but someone beat me to it. *edit* OLITOR is still available, but, I can't justify putting that on a modern plate 

I sent in my application last week. These were my 3 choices:

BRUCRU

19 HOF

Hmmm...I don't remember my last one! Possibly something like Brewrs?

Archived