Brewer Fanatic

WI proposes new Brewer license plates

DatHoser

LINK

From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:

Gov. Jim Doyle's budget includes a provision calling for creation of a special Milwaukee Brewers license plate.

The revenue from the additional fee to get the plates will be used to help retire the Miller Park stadium debt. Major League Baseball, which holds the licensing rights to team logos, also gets a small percentage of revenue.

Green Bay Packers' fans have had a special plate for several years. But this is the first time the state has proposed a plate for Brewers fans.

The idea came from Rick Schlesinger, the team's executive vice president of business operations, after fans contacted the team.

A Brewers spokesman said there will be two designs available. One will feature the team's current "M" logo. The other will feature the ball-in-glove logo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have proven that over the 20 years of being a brewers/ baseball fan.
Of course, along that line, it would be nice if being able to demonstrate years/decades of prior support of the franchise could allow us a discount on the extra fees. Who here isn't already helping to retire the stadium debt, one way or another?

samwise: Go with QVEDO. Enough people will get it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

logan, i agree that spending 40 dollars to get pretty much nothing is a waste money. I'd hope atleast some of the money would go to brewers charities or something, isntead of helping pay the miller park loans off. I do know alot of people (relativetly) took advantage of the packers one and at that time I thought those people were crazy.

Actually... Logan... that's a perfect idea.

If you order the Brewers' plates... you get a 4 pack of tickets to a Rattler game. (Conveniently a first time Brewers affiliate..) I would bet a lot of people would get on board with that idea... and that way we are helping out the Rattlers, the Brewers, and we get custom plates and a game out of it.

Someone make the call.

You don't have to get it personalized right? It could just be your current license number but the plate will be Brewers themed. I think I would pay $40 extra, or maybe just get a Brewers license plate holder. We will see. Either way I think its cool they are finally doing Brewers ones after they have had the Packers ones for awhile.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I thought regular WI vanity plates allowed 7 characters, why are we so sure that the Brewers one won't? Because the Packers one doesn't? Does the Packers plate only allow 6 or 5?
the logo on the plate takes up at least one character...if not 2.

Here's the DOT page on Packer license plates. It seems reasonable to assume that policy for Brewer license plates (if they're approved) would be similar.

Some data from the page that answers questions already asked:

There is a six character limit on Packer plates.

They can be personalized for an extra $15 per year (on top of the $25 annual donation for Lambeau Field, and on top of the regular renewal fee for any license plate, which is currently $75.)

The numbers for non-personalized Packer plates end in the letter G. (Perhaps non-personalized Brewer plates would end in B.)

In terms of fees, there is also a $15 issuance fee, which sounds to me like a one-time deal.

The DOT reserves the right to reject personalizations that they think "are offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or may conflict with the issuance of any other license plates." So if you try something like CUBSUK, you may be out of luck.

Souvenir Packer plates are not available from WISDOT, so if you order them, you're expected to use them. Having said that, it appears you can decide later to change back to regular plates. To do so, you return a copy of your Certificate of Registration with a request for regular plates (and the regular registration fee, if you make the request less than three months before your plates are due to expire).

I can easily imagine our requesting Brewers plates, using them for up to a year and switching to regular plates by the next year, then having a nice set of Brewers plates to display for posterity.

And it's a shame that SeriesFinale isn't in Wisconsin, as SOLVDD would be an awesome Brewer plate. It would be a worthwhile selection just to have to explain on the order form what SOLVDD means. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The more creative amongst us can choose to incorporate the 'M' in the logo in their personalization, bringing the number of letters available to seven.

Honor a Brewer legend, past or present: M OLITOR, M CCLUNG!

They can be personalized for an extra $15 per year (on top of the $25 annual donation for Lambeau Field, and on top of the regular renewal fee for any license plate, which is currently $75.)
and us milwaukee folk cant forget the fantastic $20 city fee above and beyond all the other fees! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived