Brewer Fanatic

Capuano

Dealing capuano makes more sense than dealing Bush right now, as Capuano historically pitches poorly in the 2nd half. Bush is also more cost effective.

To me, the best way to use Capuano is in a package to aquire a top starting pitcher. However, if that pitcher is available, I don't know who he is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Let's not forget that Cap's a lefty. That makes him instantly valuable, since he also is a good pitcher. I can't imagine parting with your only LH starter, unless you can get a top-shelf LH in return (a package deal).
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote:
I can't imagine parting with your only LH starter, unless you can get a top-shelf LH in return (a package deal).

Why do we have to have a lefty starter in our rotation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

That Red Sox rotation is pretty good and they built their lead sans southpaw. And I have been drooling about acquiring Rich Harden for awhile now. Otherwise, use Cappy to acquire a rental AND... Say Salty/Andruw/....Soriano??? for Cappy and Jr. Gwynny?

Quote:
Only problem is they'd be selling very low on Capuano.

If his value is low now, it will likely be even lower come the offseason, as he usually wilts in the 2nd half. So dealing him now could be considered selling high. He value will only go down as he gets more expensive and gets closer to FA.

Also, I doubt a couple of bad starts torpedos his value for most GMs. I doubt too many pull up a guys stats to judge whether to deal for a guy. They go off the opinion of there scouts, who might not have even seen him lately.

Archived