Brewer Fanatic

Corey Hart avoids arbitration - 1 year, 3.25 million

Crazyk1294

"Svuem can get through to Hart (and Bill Hall, and Rickie Weeks)"

-----------------------

Rickie most definitely does not need help waiting for pitches. The guy has great discipline. He needs to work on making some more consistent contact.

I think everyone can agree that this is a HUGE year for Corey. He needs to improve several areas of his game in order to reach the high potential he has. Obviously OBP is the biggest, and much of that is a lack of plate discipline. Hopefully Svuem can get through to Hart (and Bill Hall, and Rickie Weeks) and get him to wait for his pitch, instead of flailing away at pitches outside the zone. I believe that Hart has the potential to be a 30-35 HR, 110 RBI, 30 SB player, which would make him a perennial All-Star and one of the most valuable OFs in the game.
Everyone is always so offensive-minded when it comes to Corey. I say the first and biggest thing that needs fixing is his defense. With runners on, learn to get set, catch the ball in front of you, and charge it a bit, Corey. And put a bit of your body into the throw, please. His defensive blunder to end the 2008 all-star game was embarassing and only barely atypical for him. WAY too many off-balance, non-chalant catches above his head, on his heals, with lame flat-footed throws in to the infield.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived