Brewer Fanatic

Gagne signs minor league deal with Brewers ($1.5 million if he makes roster, up to $3 million more in additional incentives; see reply #34ish)

PKBadger
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why some of these guys waited so long for LASIK. I had it done almost 3 years ago, and it is the smartest thing I have ever done. I had 20/15 vision, better than perfect, 24 hours after the surgery... and have kept it ever since.

As for Gagne... It'll be interesting to see him without his goggles. I'll proably hardly recognize the guy!!

I'll take the good things where I can get them this off-season, and the farewell-to-the-goggles news is definitely cause for joy in that case.

I think it was just so hard to get past the image of Gagne fiddling with them after he yields Fukudome's dramatic HR on Opening Day

I'm not sure if he will ever return to form again, but this still seems like a really good deal. When he pitches here in Nashville, he gets booed before he does anything too. I don't think it's a Brewers organization thing so much as baseball fans are so dissapointed that he has fallen so far from where he once stood. This guy used to be one of the elite. I'm crossing my fingers that he can make something happen again and on the cheap (sort of).
Nashville winters are WAY better than Milwaukee winters.

For what it's worth, my mother is delighted that Eric is losing the goggles for 2009. It used to bug her to no end when he'd keep adjusting them and wiping them.

She did say that all he needs now is a less baggy uniform and all his distractions would be resolved. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

For what it's worth, my mother is delighted that Eric is losing the goggles for 2009. It used to bug her to no end when he'd keep adjusting them and wiping them.

She did say that all he needs now is a less baggy uniform and all his distractions would be resolved. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mail that guy a razor!

Anyway, now I really feel bad for the guy knowing that even Sounds fans are riding him!

Archived