Brewer Fanatic

Griffey to Mariners 1 yr/2M (confirmed, reply #7)

zurch1818

It's so lame of Griffey to keep trotting out his family as an excuse, first with the forced trade to Cincy, now with spurning the Mariners again (not that they should have wanted badly anyway). He lives in orlando so it's not like he gets to sleep in his own bed every night and baseball season mostly takes place during the summer anyway so his wife and kids could visit him for half or more of the season wherever he played. I guess he just doesn't like Seattle.

His son plays baseball in Georgia, I believe. So I don't see it as far fetched as you. I think it's refreshing when a person chooses family over contract.

I'm not talking about contract, I'm talking about using his family as flimsy cover for not wanting to play in Seattle.

Reminds me of Aaron coming back to Milwaukee in the mid-70's. There wasn't much of a team so having a legend come home generates some excitement with the fans. Going out to watch Hank was a thrill...I'm sure Mariners fans will feel the same with Junior...even though they'll likely only win 65 games. It's nice to see.

Kind of surprised to see he's actually going back there. For $2 million it seems to be quite low risk.

Almost getting to the point where you almost feel sorry for the Braves...seems like they've kind of taken it on the chin with all of these near deals that have fallen through.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived