Brewer Fanatic

Do any sites offer stats that "stick" to a particular date?

1992casey

I'm wondering if there are any stat sites out on the 'net that will let users pick a date and see player stats as they were as of that date. I'm looking for the basics rather than any fancy stats. Ideally, the format I'm looking for would display by team, e.g. Milwaukee Brewers as of July 12th.

As an example of what I'm looking for, ESPN's standings let users see standings as of particular dates throughout the season. I'd like to find something that does the same for players.

I know I'm being clear as mud, so please bear with me.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think I have a somewhat cumbersome method to do it, but I believe it will give you what you want. www.baseball-reference.com has gamelogs for each player. It's an option in the bar in the batting section.

Here for example is the game log for Braun for 2008: http://www.baseball-refer...i/gl.cgi?n1=braunry02&t=b If you look at the right side of the page, you see it tracks the daily rate stats for the player. If you want to see counting stats, the best way that I know how to do it would be to look at a day that the player has a particular event, and then the box score would give you the number for that game and then the number for the season. For example, looking at the gamelogs I see that including the May 1st game, Braun had 4 HR, 21 RBI, 10 2B.

You're probably looking for something easier and are probably aware of this method already, but I thought I would throw this out as an idea.

I'm wondering if there are any stat sites out on the 'net that will let users pick a date and see player stats as they were as of that date. I'm looking for the basics rather than any fancy stats. Ideally, the format I'm looking for would display by team, e.g. Milwaukee Brewers as of July 12th.

As an example of what I'm looking for, ESPN's standings let users see standings as of particular dates throughout the season. I'd like to find something that does the same for players.

I know I'm being clear as mud, so please bear with me.

I think you can do the same thing for players, but not each individual at a time. You have to go to the batting stats and do it for every player in the league then use the upper right hand corner to choose a date. Link

I am sure that is a bit more cumbersome than you are looking for though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Thanks for the pointers. Yeah, I was looking for something very non-cumbersome. Still, kramnoj's baseball reference link looks like a place where I'll be having a lot of fun at some point.

logan3825's link would work if a sort for each Major League team were included somehow. Of course, the best thing ESPN could do is put the same sort that's on their standings page onto most of its stats pages. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived