Brewer Fanatic

Telly Hughes Takes Over for Trenni Kusnierek

HOF4canrake
Quite honestly, I could live without most of the extra crap we get in the broadcasts. Sure, give me injury updates or a quick between-innings chat with a coach; but no more "Here's Craig Coshun, with a fan in the stands that just ate 17 funnel cakes while proposing to his girlfriend in Mandarin Chinese." Bleh.

What they need to do is get an up-and-coming talent with a ton of baseball knowledge. Let him/her drop in a few notes about some of the players througout the game. They don't even have to be on camera most of the time, that way there's less pressure and less memorization.

If this person had a ton of baseball/Brewers knowledge, it would add more insight to the broadcast and allow Brian and Bill to focus on the game while the sideline reporter would throw in tidbits about the players' performance in certain situations, stadiums, parts of the season, etc. Get some more "inside" information for the fan that doesn't have access.

Quite honestly, I could live without most of the extra crap we get in the broadcasts. Sure, give me injury updates or a quick between-innings chat with a coach; but no more "Here's Craig Coshun, with a fan in the stands that just ate 17 funnel cakes while proposing to his girlfriend in Mandarin Chinese." Bleh.
Stunt wedding/proposal = major pet peeve of mine

Probably Marney Gellner

I'd have loved to see Marney get the job. She was very good as a sportscaster for Channel 3 in Madison a few years back, and is certainly knowledgeable about sports. At the very least, a heck of a lot better than Telly Hughes is going to be.

The few times that I saw Gellner doing Brewers Live, she was downright awful. As in, can't-read-off-the-teleprompter level bad. To be honest, I'm surprised to hear she had previous broadcast experience....I made a point of avoiding the pre-game when she was on.

I never thought I would yearn for the days of Ann Carol.

Take it back! There are way too many new players around since Ann left, and that's way too many names to butcher.

Anyway, bad sideline/dugout reporting is the absolute best use of the DVR. Pause the game, go do something else for an hour, come back and skip through everything that's not baseball.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

The few times that I saw Gellner doing Brewers Live, she was downright awful. As in, can't-read-off-the-teleprompter level bad.

Which, oddly enough, still makes her better than Hughes is likely to be. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The few times that I saw Gellner doing Brewers Live, she was downright awful. As in, can't-read-off-the-teleprompter level bad.

Which, oddly enough, still makes her better than Hughes is likely to be. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I agree with Peavey; Marney did just fine with WISC. I believe she has a little one now, so she might not opt for a traveling job.

For FS 'Wisconsin' studio coverage, I would choose Marney over Ann Carroll 100 times out of 100, without even blinking.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived