Brewer Fanatic

Telly Hughes Takes Over for Trenni Kusnierek

HOF4canrake

I know Brewerfan has some pull when it comes to the Brewers. Will someone please get a petition going to make sure Telly Hughes does not appear on Brewers' broadcasts, especially as a "sideline" reporter. He is absolutely awful.

I will gladly step in for him at a fraction of the cost. Brewers' fans, I don't know if any of you realize how bad this guy is. I seriously don't know how he has a job as good as this.

Telly worked a high school hockey game in Hermantown MN (near my home) earlier this winter. He was awful.

OK on Timberwolves games, awful on hockey games. I haven't seen him on baseball, but if he doesn't come across as knowledgeable, it's a terrible hire by FSN. He clearly knows basketball, and it's the only reason he's tolerable there.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

The name made me instantly think of Telly Savalas, which made me think of how great it would be if the Brewers' sideline reporter was just a guy in a bald cap doing Savalas impressions.

"Prince Fielder....who loves ya, baby?"

I would SO tune in just for that.

I'm less enthusiastic about this than I am about Cory Provus. The glimpses I caught of Telly in the FS Wisconsin/North studios last season did not leave me impressed.

But it's not Ann Carroll (though I suppose Telly's "move up" means we're more likely to see Ann Carroll in the FS studios). You can't say they just stuck a token female in there. Yes, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for silver linings today.

If we start to long for the days of Bob Brainerd again, I shall weep for us all.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

With the success the Brewers have had and the increased ratings FSN is getting, you'd think they could attract someone with actual talent, even if they would only be here a year or two and use the gig as a stepping stone like Trenni did. A temporary solution would be infinitely better than Telly.

Not to add to the collective angst, but if Telly and 'Rillo aren't in the FS "Wisconsin" studios (which are in Minnesota, right?)...who holds down the fort there?

I really don't want to see Ann Carroll anymore, and I'm not even a fella.

I'll agree with rm121978: after a reasonably successful Brewers season, you'd think FS Wisconsin could make a hire that at least doesn't sound unpromising right out of the gate. Unless FS Wisconsin itself had a bad year and can only afford to shuffle its remaining employees around.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Not to add to the collective angst, but if Telly and 'Rillo aren't in the FS "Wisconsin" studios (which are in Minnesota, right?)...who holds down the fort there?

Probably Marney Gellner or Jeff Grayson.

Count me in as uninspired. The guy is awful when it comes to baseball.

Well, we all knew Trenni wouldn't last. She's simply too good at her job to not move onward and upward. I'd rather see Davey Neslon than Tully. Although Davey seems really nervous and stumbles over his words, at least he's very knowledgable. Telly's just bad on every level.

Ewizabeff,

The pic in your avatar.... I assume that's you with the "Taking back The High Life" guy? That is beyond awesome!

Probably Marney Gellner

I'd have loved to see Marney get the job. She was very good as a sportscaster for Channel 3 in Madison a few years back, and is certainly knowledgeable about sports. At the very least, a heck of a lot better than Telly Hughes is going to be.

The guy was lousy last year in the studio as it appears his baseball knowledge is very limited. Put him next to Davey Nelson and see if they can get a coherent sentence out between the two of them.

Bad hiring and FSN needs to hear about it.

Archived