Brewer Fanatic

Reggie Sanders

Is there any interest around here for Reggie Sanders(KC)? I have been throwing his name around on here but it hasnt received much feedback.

I know he is 37 but the guy still plays A1 defense, has a strong and accurate arm, and can play either corner OF spot. I dont know what it would take to get him but perhaps Zack Jack and Gwynn could get it done.

I think this team is really lacking a power bat off the bench and this would guarantee that we always have 2 available between Jenkins, Mench and Sanders.

No room for him really. If Mench is dropped sure, but otherwise he doesn't have a spot. You need two middle infielders given Weeks injury and Hardy missing games constantly.

Aquino would likely get it done.

The difficult thing with Sanders is he is maddeningly inconsistent. Here is his OPS this decade;

2000- 705

2001- 886

2002- 779

2003- 912

2004- 797

2005- 886

2006- 729

Which Sanders would we be getting? His OPS has been under 800 4 times, we have absolutly no use for that. We could just call up Joe Dillion and get at least that. He has also had a 886+ OPS 3 times. Thats pretty outstanding. However, its tough to bet on that at age 39. We don't have a strong enough need for him to gamble on his injury issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

[ Which Sanders would we be getting? ]

Didn't we talk about Sanders during an offseason as well?... I think I remember talking about his (or someone else's) bizarre every-other-year-is-great pattern.

I'm sure it's just a fluke, but the guy hits righties well, even in his alternating off-years.

Hey, it's an odd year, who cares what he does in the even years? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Isn't Saberhagen the other classic every other year example?

edit: Hm, not really, although he did have some up and down.

His '89 season was amazing: 23-6, 2.16 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 8.39 K/BB

Who am I thinking of?

edit2: Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I swear it was some 80s-90s pitcher. I really thought it was Saberhagen.

Archived