Brewer Fanatic

Provus hired to replace JP

Team Canada
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not something you should be worrying about.

You've previously talked about Harry Carey. What about Skip? Grew up in St Louis, had to be a Cardinal fan. Do you think that mattered when he was hired by the Braves?

What about players? Do you think Tom Glavine cared that he was pitching against the Braves when he was with the Mets - a division rival?

After Kerry Wood signed with Cleveland, he took out a full page ad in all Chicago newspapers expressing his gratitude to Chicago fans and stating that Chicago will always be his home. How much do you think that will matter when the Indians visit Wrigley in June and he comes in with the game on the line. NOT ONE IOTA.

You should really be more worried about replacing CC and Ben. That's not a slam - that's a fact.

This is not something you should be worrying about.
I don't think anyone is "worried" about it, especially in comparison to what happens on the field.

I just 1) don't think he's that great after having listened to him on WGN and 2) I simply don't like the idea that the voice of our team is a life-long die-hard fan of what is ostensibly our biggest rival. I don't think it's a massive deal, and I don't think that will affect his ability to do the job whatsoever, and I'm not sure anyone else does, either, but I just don't like it, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Archived