Brewer Fanatic

Paypal not compatabile with Firefox?

LouisEly

Are you using NoScript or anything that blocks cookies? I'm not sure that NoScript would have any effect, but cookie settings surely could.

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (no connection to Windows Safe Mode). This lets you run Firefox with its "factory" settings. It's a good starting point for pinning down a problem.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The only extensions I have are Adblock Plus, DownloadHelper, and Java Quick Starter. I just updated to Firefox 3.0.6 and it did not resolve the issue. This is the error message I keep getting:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.paypalobjects...t/pp_jscode_080706.js:193

Any ideas? I notice that I get that whistling noise from my computer when it is trying to load this page - could it be a hardware issue?

Firefox issues are almost always profile-related and almost never related to the program installation. That's why I suggested testing PayPal in Firefox safe mode; it bypasses your profile.

If it comes down to a profile replacement, that's easy, especially with only three extensions. You'd need to create a new profile, import your old bookmarks, reinstall the three extensions, and tweak your preferences.

Managing profiles

Transferring data to a new profile

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Thanks for the tips, but I did start Firefox in safe mode and had the same problem and same error message. I have a sneaky feeling it is related to the whistling problem I have.

For reference, this is the exact error:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.paypalobjects...t/pp_jscode_080706.js:193

Archived