Brewer Fanatic

Noah Lowry could be available

I just read on CBS Sportsline that Noah Lowry is going to be available if the Giants stay out of contention. I know he walks a lot of batters, but his era is 3.35, and he is a 26 years old lefty that has had mlb success, if he could get back to his 05' statistics, I believe he would be a very solid #2 or 3 starter. Do you think it would take a ton to get him? How about packaging Escobar, Zack Jack, and Claudio Vargas for him.

This is the same team that thinks the way to build for a playoff run is by building around 30-35 year old talent and giving them multi-year deals. I'd say the possibility for Doug to completely fleece them is realistic.

Now THIS would be a big acquisition. It makes no sense to me that the Giants would trade him though. They should be building around Lowry, Cain and Lincecum.

Edit: His WHIP is higher than I thought. It's actually a little surprising that his ERA is that low.

I think he's a lot like Capuano.

If we could get him cheap enough you can never have enough pitching. Not sure what San Fran would want though. I'd normally suggest young talented prospects who are close but in this case I'm not sure what they would want or realistically get for him.

He plays in a park that gives up the least number of HR in the majors, that's why he gets away with giving up too many walks.

Career Home ERA - 3.16

Career Away ERA - 5.03

Even if I did want him, there is just no way we would/should pay what they are going to ask.

I would bet this rumor is false. The Giants are 11 games out and sliding fast. They are an aging team with a ton of money tied up in veteran bats.

The Giants might be in the market but it will be to trade one of their VETs before they move a young guy like Lowry.

Id bet that Bonds would be traded before Lowry.

Archived