Brewer Fanatic

BP Top 100 Prospects

brewerguy71

Of the Brewers on the list, Escobar is highest at 51, followed by Lawrie 57, Gamel 58, Jeffress 72 and Salome 79.

The top 10 is pretty obvious leading off with Weiters and Price, then followed by Madison Bumgarner, Pedro Alvarez, Travis Snyder, Neftali Feliz, Rick Porcello, Colby Rasmus, Buster Posey and Jason Heyward.

I dont have too much of a problem putting the Brewer players that low on the list. Given that Escobar would have to greatly increase his offensive numbers to climb higher, Gamel would have to put in a full season's worth of the production he has shown glimpses of and that his tools are not quite "the real deal" but simply "good".

Lawrie definitely has the chance to move up this list as he matures and gets some playing time in as a pro.

My dad lives in Appleton, and I've been doing my best to get him super-excited about watching Lawrie this summer. Mentioned to go to games early, since you never know how soon he might get that call to Brevard County. Thanks for sharing that info, brewerguy.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

These do seem fair. Each has warts, but definite strengths. And I agree, it's so early, but Lawrie could totally blow up A and high A in short order. Something tells me he'll never be overmatched.
At which position though? If he is at catcher then I doubt he moves up very fast.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

If he starts as the 57th best prospect and has not played a pro game, why did so many teams pass on him in the draft. I mean, what has changed since then and now...if this list had come out the day before the draft would he have been the 57th best prospect. I have to think he would have been taken in the top 10 if that were the case.

Also, I really thought Escobar would be lower. I would have him in the high 30s but it seems like we have seen lists where he is even lower than that.

If he starts as the 57th best prospect and has not played a pro game, why did so many teams pass on him in the draft. I mean, what has changed since then and now...if this list had come out the day before the draft would he have been the 57th best prospect. I have to think he would have been taken in the top 10 if that were the case.

Also, I really thought Escobar would be lower. I would have him in the high 30s but it seems like we have seen lists where he is even lower than that.

lawrie had one of the most advanced bats in the draft the knock on him is he's been bounced around through so many positions that no one knows where he'll play going into the draft he was listed as 3b 2b and c. By the way baseball america never puts players from the previous years draft super high unless they're top 5 pics. They have way to much to prove and are at to low of a level to really project them against guys at the higher levels.

Archived