Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim SP Nick Green on waivers from Angels; DFA RP Luis Pena; Latest-- Pena claimed by the Mariners (reply #61)

And That
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think sad is an accurate description of how he's feeling at all. Relieved is much more like it. Definitely not sad. He knows tons of players in seattle including.... ryan,stocker,crabbe,moss, and one of my other clients brito.
Why would he be relieved? He should be sad, because he had every opportunity to prove himself last season when the Brewers were in desperate need of relief help, and he simply could not throw the ball over the plate. Is he "relieved" to be out of the Brewers organization? Is he "relieved" that another team had the gumption to pick him up? Did he not feel like the Brewers gave him enough of an opportunity? That's bogus, to say the least. Pena had a high ERA and an inordinate amount of walks in Nashville. He never did a thing to deserve a shot in the Brewers' bullpen.

I'm sorry, but using the term "relieved" just sounds like an agent trying to save as much face as possible for one of his players.

Why would he be relieved? He should be sad, because he had every opportunity to prove himself last season when the Brewers were in desperate need of relief help, and he simply could not throw the ball over the plate.

You don't have any business telling Luis Pena or his agent that Luis should be sad... If he likes his current situation better than the previous one, for whatever reason, he has every right to be relieved.

Did he not feel like the Brewers gave him enough of an opportunity? That's bogus, to say the least

Why? -- He is entitled to feel the way he does about his former employer -- The only thing I have heard was that he was shocked to be taken off the roster -- and quite frankly, I was as well.

I was sad to see Luis Pena get DFA'd -- and then I was relieved to see him get picked up, and by a team he is excited to play for. If I felt that way, I am sure LP feels that way times 100.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Pena got scooped up by Jack Z. -- perhaps the Brewers made a bad call here... it certainly is possible.

He never did a thing to deserve a shot in the Brewers' bullpen.

Last year perhaps, but again, taking him off the roster was a whole other extreme decision I wouldn't have expected either.

I'm sorry, but using the term "relieved" just sounds like an agent trying to save as much face as possible for one of his players.

I am sure you are wrong about this as well. Agent39 has other Brewer clients, and I don't think he is interested in slamming on the Brewers to pimp one of his players. My guess Agent 39 asked LP how he was doing and LP said "I'm relieved" -- and Agent39 was just relaying that here. Simple as that.

Good Luck to you Luis!! I hope you set Tacoma on fire, -- (with your pitching)

I dont think sad is an accurate description of how he's feeling at all. Relieved is much more like it. Definitely not sad. He knows tons of players in seattle including.... ryan,stocker,crabbe,moss, and one of my other clients brito.
Why would he be relieved? He should be sad, because he had every opportunity to prove himself last season when the Brewers were in desperate need of relief help, and he simply could not throw the ball over the plate. Is he "relieved" to be out of the Brewers organization? Is he "relieved" that another team had the gumption to pick him up? Did he not feel like the Brewers gave him enough of an opportunity? That's bogus, to say the least. Pena had a high ERA and an inordinate amount of walks in Nashville. He never did a thing to deserve a shot in the Brewers' bullpen.

Lets see, he goes from one team where he had absolutely no shot of making the big league club out of spring training to another team where he is on the 40 man roster. I believe "relieved" is still the right word. Pitching for a team in which you have no chance of making the major league team would probably constitute "sad" so I dont think I worded anything incorrectly. I didnt slam the Brewers either nor did Luis. He was totally shocked to be taken off the roster and so was I. And now that this process is all over and he's still on a major league roster he is absolutely relieved to be on a team that has given him an opportunity to pitch in the major leagues, something that would not have happened in Milwaukee. And for what it's worth he should have made the Brewers out of ST last year with his 0.00 era in 10 innings however when that parade of veterans was signed (gagne,mota,etc....) it was over. His first half was quite strong as well (AAA all star lest we forget) and not once was he called up. That was the organizations call and I completely respect that however I can and do disagree with it. I think at least partially his second half meltdown was caused by his frustration with regards to not moving up. I dont know about you but 9 years in one spot without being moved up would probably bother me too. As for the litany of personal attacks, to reiterate, what the hell would I have to save face for on a message board? If I wanted to "save face" or use magical agent talk I had every opportunity to call Haudricourt or McCalvey and say something to them. I didnt because thats not the case at all and I most certainley do not care about "saving face". It's called a fact and the fact is Luis Pena is happier being on the 40 man roster with seattle as opposed to being "sad" and not being on the roster of the Brewers. These are simple facts and I have no idea how anyone could be upset at that.

Mahalo

J

If I wanted to "save face" or use magical agent talk I had every opportunity to call Haudricourt or McCalvey and say something to them.

I definitely need to learn magical agent talk. I feel like the cone of silence must play a role in all this.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If I wanted to "save face" or use magical agent talk I had every opportunity to call Haudricourt or McCalvey and say something to them.

I definitely need to learn magical agent talk. I feel like the cone of silence must play a role in all this.

Magical agent talk is most likely a jedi trait.

Good luck to Luis. I admit I didn't know much about him except he had a big arm. I was shocked he was taken off instead of some other players. I would be relieved if I was Luis as well if I went to a team that improved my chances of being on an MLB roster sooner.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived