Brewer Fanatic

Brewers rank high in team popularity and fan loyalty

Pedro

The Milwaukee Brewers faired pretty well in Turnkey's 2008 Team Brand Index. Turnkey survey's about 12,000 general sports fans in the different markets to determine the team's in-market status and popularity; this is performed for the 122 MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA teams.

In team popularity, the Brewers ranked 33rd overall, the sixth highest MLB rank (behind Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, Indians, Diamondbacks). The Brewers were 23rd overall in fan loyalty (Red Sox, Cardinals, Indians, Tigers).

The Green Bay Packers ranked first in both categories.

Wow, so ahead of the Yankees and Cubs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
hawing, my exact first thoughts. Thanks for posting this Pedro, also nice to see you! Haven't seen you post in awhile. I think this proves again how big of a baseball town Milwaukee really is. I think we don't get enough credit for that nationally.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Wow, so ahead of the Yankees and Cubs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
I wonder, though, that since this is measured by their "in-market" popularity/loyalty, wouldn't the presence of another in-market team impact these rankings? I'm sure they were bound to run into some Mets and White Sox fans who had rated their loyalty to their cross-town rivals as being very low.
Gruber Lawffices

Yeah, I'd love to hear more details on that one, and the methodology used.
Here's the link to the site, which provides some more info and sample pages. I may order the total results for a client. If so, I'll post more info.

I know a lot of people who were really pulling for the Brew Crew last year since we seem to have no true natural enemies (yeah, we hate the Cubs, but we're about #3 on their list--with a bullet, of course): the long history of losing in combination with the lack of pretense and all the self-deprecating beer and sausage imagery seems to make the Crew easy to root for...kind of a true "lovable losers."

And I always thought Brewers' fans didn't get enough credit (as it were of course), for at least staying in the middle of the pack for attendance when they were the smallest market in baseball (with two teams just 90 miles away) in the midst of a dozen+ non-winning seasons.

I think this is great. I hope the fans really support the team again this year even though they'll slip a bit. It really will allow them to make another run before they have to jettison players because of ridiculous salaries. Bravo Milwaukee!

Archived