Brewer Fanatic

THT Season Preview

brewerguy71

Theyve got the Brewers going 89-73 tied for first and also tied for best record in the NL.

Wow! I love THT, but what is the person smoking who wrote this preview? To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he does still list guys like Sabathia and Sheets as being a part of the Brewers. One other "homer" type of thing I noticed is that when they list their "favorite Brewer blogs" the top one listed is where the guy who wrote the article is coming from (brewcrewball.com). Sadly Brewerfan.net is not listed.

Without fulling diving into the numbers yet, I would give the Brewers a record of 83 to 85 wins, but 89 wins and tied for the division, and best record in the NL? Come on.

I was looking at baseball preview magazines in the store the other day. If I remember correctly "The Sporting News" had the Brewers 3rd (behind the Cubs and Cards) and Atholon (? not sure if that's right) had them 4th, with the Astros (?!) 3rd.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Wow! I love THT, but what is the person smoking who wrote this preview?

BPro has us at 85 wins, is 4 extra wins from their projections really so huge? We lost about 10 wins of talent in the starting rotation, picked up 2 wins back from Looper and 2-3 from Gallardo and had an offense that probably underproduced expectations last year. Somewhere around 84-86 wins is pretty accurate but if they are high on Parra, Weeks and Fielder as an example I could see 89.

It's a series of authors who do it. One of the authors (who probably did the minor league system analysis) is Eric Johnson, one of the most informed person I know of when it comes to Brewers baseball. The man knows his minor league system like crazy, he actually interviews a lot of them.. check out the one with Cutter Dykstra.

Brewcrewball has some of the best talent when it comes to Brewer analysis (I'm not dissing BF.net) around. Contributors such as Jeff Sackman, Josh Kaulk who contribute some GREAT articles talking about things that aren't touched on much here at BF.net. Ever wondered why Seth was effective as a starter? Josh answered it Very good stuff, not nearly the size of BF.net but has some very talented people behind it contributing to a more traditional blog format.

Archived