Brewer Fanatic

Yahoo email hacked?

T B0NE 10

The Gmail attack (as made famous by black hat) was actually a man in the middle attack. Gmail would send the cookie via plain text and not SSL. So someone in the middle, would just take the cookie and use it as their own. They have since changed the way they give you cookies via SSL and should avoid the cookie man in the middle attack.

Change you password (duh), update AV and scan, update your spyware thingers and run it.

It happened again......same body..

hi:

New shopping new life!

How are u doing these days?Yesterday I found a web of a large trading company from china,which is an agent of all the well-known digital product factories,and facing to both wholesalers,retailsalers,and personal customer all over the world. They export all kinds of digital products and offer most competitive and reasonable price and high quality goods for our clients,so i think we you make a big profit if we do business with them.And they promise they will provide the best after-sales-service.In my opinion we can make a trial order to test that.

Look forward to your early reply!

The Web address: www.vanigo.com

E-mail: vanigo@188.com

MSN : vanigo@msn.cn

First update your AV, spyware, and any other online security programs you may have then go into your account change the password, and check to see what other e-mail's maybe attached to your account and if there are some delete them.

Your body was very similar to the one that hit Gmail last spring. I know it sent it twice from mine, but the first time it sent to the first half of my contacts and the second half the second time. After I changed my password, it didn't happen again. It's eerily similar to the Gmail hack...which is now fixed.

I've switched to gmail now.....

But its still happening on my yahoo account.

Now everything I receive, it then replies to that address with spam.

You're completely changing your password to something different everytime, right? IE, Not just switching from like 'brewers' to 'brewers1' or something like that?

• 1 month later...

T Bone -

Did you get this resolved? Or did you have to totally cancel your Yahoo email? I ask because a similar thing just happened to my girlfriend. I'm a little concerned because of this conficker worm going around.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

But how exactly did this happen?

Should I change my password?

Are other things, my ebay account, etc. at risk?

I would definitely change your password for every account you have. About one year ago my email account was hacked into. Two days later $360 was withdrawn from my paypal account that I was using the same password for.

I switched to gmail after this.....

I still check my yahoo email every once and a while and when I was there I messed around with the settings a bit and I noticed in the vacation message it had the message posted and set to send to everyone in your inbox. So definitely check that out. After I changed that I haven't had a problem with it but I'm liking Gmail alot more to ever switch back.

Happened to me two days ago on Yahoo. When I changed my password, Yahoo gave me a message saying to make sure I update [the spam company] of my password change or else they won't have access to my account to view, override data, or send emails with my address.

I'll get right on that, Yahoo.

I also changed my bank and paypal passwords. They weren't identical, but similar.

Archived