Brewer Fanatic

Rotation Order

Jofis11ep
Thats fine keeping Yo or Parra out of the #1 slot but Suppan? At least Bush looked good in the 2nd half so put him there not Sup!

Maybe they know that Bush has historically pitched better at home than on the road so want to start him out at home.

I still don't think it really matters much except for anyone who gets a start skipped completely and that probably isn't a bad thing for Gallardo or Parra given their innings last year. As long as he doesn't say skip Bush to let Suppan get an extra start or something I don't have much of a problem with it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with this rotation. I'm very worried about Yo and Manny logging way too many innings this year. The whole season view it won't really matter what the order is after the first five games...kind of like a batting order to a certain degree (at least in theory...a lead off hitter is only guaranteed to lead off one at bat). The trick here will be the days off and such. I think some here fail to realize how little Yo has pitched in the bigs the past two years. We don't need to have him get hurt with a major arm injury. Parra also 'hit the wall' last year and it's better to be safe with him. As it stands, the Brewers have more than enough replacement types for say Suppan should he get hurt...they do not have any replacements for Yo or Parra.

I also think the Suppan bashing here has gotten to the point where it coule be Yost like this year...or close. He was hurt the end of last year...let's not forget that. Is his contract ideal? No...but at the time that was the market. He's not a '#1 starter', but to me you really don't need those type of roles unless you're in the playoffs. The Suppan bashing I'm sure will continue, but to me it's not entirely true. His contract also comes off the books at a time when the team will need the money

Parra hit the wall almost exactly when people thought he would. He should be good for 20-30 more innings this year than last year. That would put him in the 186-196 range. We really shouldn't have to worry about Parra at all this year until maybe the end of September. If he pitches well, he might hit the wall again then. Of course he had many high stress(high pitch count) innings last year.

Where is the Suppan bashing? He is an average to below average pitcher. Probably the worst pitcher likely to be in our starting rotation. It is best for the team to skip our worst starter. He makes a lot of money compared to his talent. The money is gone and it sucks, but we might as well try to get something out of him.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yeah but if Suppan starts 1st that means he will more than likely get the most starts. Do we really want our #5 starter from a year ago getting the most starts this year?
I heard this same argument from Homer. Does anyone know if the opening day starter actually gets more starts? I think with the vagaries of days off, rotation shuffling, and injury, the first starter gets the same number as the fourth. (maybe not fifth, those guys often don't get the full season.)

Archived