Brewer Fanatic

Corey Hart Audio

Mass Haas

I like the "Chicago can win 120 games as far as I care, we'll just come in and win the Wild Card with 95 wins and join the playoffs"

Really? I hate it. No ballplayer should say they're okay settling for second place before the season even starts. That's terrible. It's not very comforting to know that one of the young stars on your favorite team is perfectly fine with a hated division rival being 25 wins better. We finished with nine more wins than the Cubs as recently 2006 ... and now they're suddenly insurmountably good? Where's the competitive fire, Corey? I'm sorry, it's just a stupid quote to me and disturbingly defeatist. Maybe he's just setting the bar low so he can continue to make awful, off-balance catches and flatfooted throws out in rightfield.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Sorry Valpo, I agree with T.G 76. The pros are completely - 100% - different than the amateur sports with regards to their goals. The only idea they have is to make the playoffs. Period. Hart is spot on with his comments. Hart's comments defeatist? Hardly. All he's saying is that he can only worry about the Brewers and his contribution to the team trying to win the next game.

You only have to look at last year and see the Cubs with the best record, going down immediately in the playoffs. All those regular sesaon wins qualified then for zilch in the playoffs, and it turned out to be a bitterly disappointing season for them.

I understand your comments from a fan's perspective, where we are looking at rivalries, standings, upcoming schedule and all that stuff, but players have quite a different view. Actually, IMO it shows growth on Hart's part, understanding that the only goal is the playoffs/W.S. The only way to get there is if his team plays well enough to win the next game - day after day - .

Archived