Brewer Fanatic

09 bobbles announced

jnatro

Six All-Fan Bobblehead Giveaways highlight the fun at Miller Park, leading off on Sunday, May 3 as fans will receive a Ryan Braun Bobblehead. The Braun figure is a replica of his fist-pumping pose as he rounded the bases after hitting the game-winning home run on the final day of the 2008 regular season (compliments of Time Warner Cable).

Additional bobblehead dates include Brewers' closer Trevor Hoffman on May 31 (compliments of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board); Jason Kendall on June 28 (sponsored by Palermo's Pizza); The Klement's World Famous Racing Bratwurst Sausage on July 26; Jeff Suppan on August 30 (courtesy of RedPrairie), and Doug Melvin on September 20.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never complain about Braun. Hoffman is okay. Kendall is awesome. Brat was a given. Suppan I could do without, but I love Melvin.

If I'm not mistaken, there is no alternate of the Braun bobble. It's all the same kind. Doesn't look like Melvin has an alternate either, and neither does bratwurst. I'm all for that. I'd wish they'd do away with the alternates altogether.

Suppan?

SUPPAN?

BLLLLEEECCCCCHHHHHH!

I'm not sure I want a Kendall either. I know a lot of you will think the Melvin Bobble is cool, not me, that is a waste of space, especially since they left out Gallardo?

I would rather have a Cameron and Gallardo and leave out Kendall and Melvin...

Hoffman is cool, glad he got a bobble, but a CC honoring last season would have been "da bomb!"

That is a travishamockery!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am a bit surprised by Suppan given how the year ended.....................

However doing six bobbles a year has now caught up to them. There just are not that many current players to do if you don't add in a couple of old timers along the way. Hence Suppan and Melvin.

Yovanni and Parra I am sure are being "held back" for next year.

I have to think that Cameron is still on the block. If he was off the block I think they would have given him one since this will probably be his last year with the team.

I'm a big fan of all the bobbles except Suppan. I'm a collector but I'm not one to have to get all of them so like usual I won't get the sausage because I don't care for them and I won't get Suppan. However I'm very psyched for the Braun with the First Pump, Hoffman, Melvin and Kendall. I was thinking for awhile Melvin would be a good choice, I mean he has been GM since 2003.

I was hoping for Gallardo like most but like hofcs said they are probably wating till 2010 to give us a Yovani and Manny bobble.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

i was suprised that if they were going to do melvin that they wouldn't do macha. I'd probably rather have him than Soup. I think the rest are solid choices. Giving out Soup and Kendal does seem to lead to the fact that they are giving out too many a season.

I was still hoping for a CC bobble, I knew it wouldn't happen... but oh well.

I'm surprised at no Cameron, I mean, "Untuck 'em" was sort of the team's signature last year, and he brought that in.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm surprised at no Cameron, I mean, "Untuck 'em" was sort of the team's signature last year, and he brought that in.

same here, a bobble with the shirt untucked would have been pretty cool, and a good way to remember the "untuck 'em" season!

Does Melvin have a bobble 'Stach or just head?

BOTH! That's the alternate!!!

I expected a Sausage and Suppan bobble. I love the Melvin bobble. The Hoffman bobble is no surprise. I can get behind the Braun bobble to an extent, Kendall is whatever for me. The Cameron woulda been great if there was a pre-game tucked and a post-game untucked, but manufacturing woulda been a lot more I'm sure since it's a different mold.

Being a collector, I like the alternate jerseys, at the same time, I think they should do away with them. I added up all the giveaways including alternates yesterday, and I have something like 90 different Brewers SGAs which don't include the super-minis (which I've decided I'm gonna try to get my missing 8 or 9 some point soon, see ya later money)

I'd rather if they do the alternate jerseys, take out a few players a year or as said, they should bring in a retired player. We still haven't seen the following in normal size who I feel are more worthy than Kendall or Suppan:

George Scott

Sixto Lezcano

Pete Vukavich

Ben Oglivie

Don Money

Teddy Higuera

Juan Nieves

Dan Pleasac

Rob Deer

BJ Surhoff

Greg Vaughn

Jeff Cirillo (That would be the best alternate)

I'm not trying to complain, as it's a great free giveaway. They're gonna sell out a lot of games anyway because of the product on the the field. In the past, bigger bobble years may have been the best route to sell tickets, now I think the tickets sell themselves, with or without a bad economy. We probably won't hit 3,000,000 but 2,750,000 shouldn't be out of reach.

Awesome list of "Old Timers"!

I would add a Deer/Sveum interlocking bobble similar to the Astros Bagwell and Biggio. A Molitor/Yount/Gantner interlocking one would be nice too, though there are a ton of Yount bobbles already.

Bambi, Caldwell and Burnitz would be other good oldtimers. They could do an "ugly off" bobble to see if the could do a "meaner/dirtier" looking bobble between Caldwell and Vuckovich!

This is TERRIBLE!!! You guys are ok with Jason Kendall and Doug Melvin? These bobbleheads are garbage! I'll be going for Braun and Hoffman only! Wow, I'm disappointed big time

good, someone agrees with me...

They need to scale it back to 4 bobbles per year, either that, or start to sprinkle in the classic guys like the guys bikeage listed...

I am soooo disappointed in Suppan, Kendall, and Melvin... Melvin isn't even a player, bobbles are meant to be players, in my opinion. Bernie is a good non-player, and I thought Uecker was a great idea, but Melvin? Seriously??

I'll get them somehow, but those bobbles don't make me feel like I have to make sure I get to those games... Braun with the arm up pose will be cool, Hoffman was a no brainer, as well as a sausage. At least they didn't do another Prince this year.

No Gallardo is a mistake DARN IT!

So, the odds on favorites for next year have to be Gallardo, Parra and Italian Sausage... Maybe a rookie that makes an impact this season for #4... 5 and 6 are up in the air... Might as well throw in a Mark A. or Selig... (sarcasm)

Might as well throw in a Mark A. or Selig... (sarcasm)
YAH!!! A Wendy bobble would be the greatest!!!!!

I think they figured that Gallardo and Parra would be around for a bit, so they decided to give it to these guys so they don't have to do another Prince, Braun, Weeks, or Hart in 2010. I like the Melvin bobble, and maybe they are crediting this site to the idea of it for all the Melvin love? Ya never know.

So what's your predictions for 2010?

Gallardo

Parra

Italian

Oglivie

FA/Tony Gwynn Jr.

This almost has to be the last year of the Brewers having 6 bobblehead dates, right? A question for people upset about not having bobblehead dates for Gallardo, Bush, Villanueva, and/or Parra... If those 4, or 3 of the 4, are given out this year, who do they give out next year? Do you want them to turn into the Bucks, who seem to give away Redd and Bogut bobbles every year? If they are going to do 6 every year, there are going to be some odd ones. I, myself, could very easily live without a Suppan bobblehead. But fans going to the game get them for free, so I'm not going to be one who complains. I just enjoy collecting them, and would rather have a wide variety of players than the same players every other year. I guess the Suppan bobblehead will give me something to look back on in 25 years and think, "Man... what a waste of money he was!!"

Archived