Brewer Fanatic

Durham to retire?

I love Durham, he was a savior pickup after the fall of Weeks. I find it incrediolous that we would pay Council a mil, while not offer a contract to Durham. He would be a great pinch hitter, and backup plan if Weeks declines.

Weeks and Durham produced almost identical numbers after the trade, with Weeks getting more AB's in the stretch.

I agree he was a good pickup, but with his defensive limitations, and injury history(it seemed he had trouble getting through a full game last year), he's a player that only fits a very specific need.

All I would see Durham as right now is a backup 2B. I don't think he can play full time anymore and isn't versatile enough to keep around as a bench player. If he wanted to keep playing he would have to learn the outfield and maybe the corner infield spots.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived