Brewer Fanatic

Renewing Bucks' Season Tickets - etiquette question

nodakfan17

Last June, some friends and I purchased a half-season ticket package for the 2008-2009 Bucks' season at a cost of about $500. In addition to our 21 pairs of tickets, we also received a $100 concession stand gift card and $150 ticket bank as subscriber gifts. We've been reasonably happy with the package and will more than likely renew it for next season. However, before our ticket rep asks us to re-up, I'd like to run a question by the board:

Is it appropriate (or in bad taste) to ask for benefits beyond the standard subscriber gifts?

We'd like to pick up extra tickets, leftover giveaway items, and / or player autographs, but at the same time, we don't want to offend our ticket rep by asking for more than what we would otherwise be entitled to. However, the Bucks aren't exactly in a position to be picky about how they choose to retain their season subscribers. I would really appreciate it if some board members could weigh in on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your input.

offend our ticket rep

Huh?

I think you're placing a ticket rep way higher on the social strata than you need to. This is not an audience with the Pope you're talking about. . .or even approaching an attractive woman for a date. What do you think the repercussions would be if his answer is "no"?

It seems as though you're getting a pretty amazing deal as it is. . .but these are tough economic times and who knows. . .maybe you'll score some extra stuff from a team that's struggling to sell tickets.

Just ask the guy to sweeten the deal a little and see what he can come up with. . .

I don't think he'll shut you out of the building.

I think you're placing a ticket rep way higher on the social strata than you need to. This is not an audience with the Pope you're talking about ...

Haha- Our ticket rep has been both professional and accommodating. I'd hate for him to think his efforts go unappreciated. Thanks for the reply. Keep them coming.

Let me use this analogy. Do you worry about a car salesman getting an adequate commission or the dealer making money off of your purchase? (My brother does; therefore, my sister-in-law buys their cars.)

It isn't lousy etiquette to ask for the pot to be sweetened. Try to stay realistic, though. I don't think your ideas are outrageous.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Thanks for the replies, guys. That's exactly what I wanted hear. I do tend to think of my relationship with my ticket rep as more business oriented than the one I have with a car dealer. I work with my ticket rep throughout the year and want to preserve a positive relationship with him so that in a pinch, I can score in demand tickets to entertain clients (please hold off on the wise cracks about the Bucks being in demand http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif).

So if the consensus is that it is appropriate to ask for some extra season subscriber benefits, what would you ask for? Has anyone received extra benefits in the past (Bucks or Brewers)? Thanks again for the input!

I've asked for extra stuff. This year I was able to get $100 extra ticket bank + 2 courtisde tickets to a game. I also could have traded the concession gift cards ($400 in my case) for a parking pass (declined since I sell half my tickets).

The trick is to wait as long as possible to renew. They'll be desperate once again this offseason. Just point out all the promotions they give to the general public ($10 tickets, all-you-can-eat) and say shouldn't season ticket holders get some of those perks?

The trick is to wait as long as possible to renew. They'll be desperate once again this offseason. Just point out all the promotions they give to the general public ($10 tickets, all-you-can-eat) and say shouldn't season ticket holders get some of those perks?

That's gold. Thanks. I wish that my account carried that kind of clout.

its pretty obvious that no one on here has been in sales.....

One thing to remember before you are too much of a jerk to your rep is that renewals will generally slide every year based upon the percentage they receive for comm. If you want them to go the extra mile longterm, you may not want to become that guy who calls and they don't want to answer

My dad got 4 free courtside tickets from his ticket rep to a game earlier this year without even asking for them. The day of the game he called and asked for the tickets he left for a customer at will call to be changed back to his name since the customer backed out. Well, my dad opened the envelope up and the tickets were section 101, row BBB. The funny thing is my dad noticed they weren't the season tickets and argued with the guy at the window that they were the wrong tickets for about 5 seconds lol.

Archived