Brewer Fanatic

W. (Oliver Stone's new movie; Braun's appearance)

TooLiveBrew

Just got done watching it... and honestly, I wouldn't start a thread on it but for one reason. And no, this in no way spoils the ending.

Near the end of the movie, in the last or second-to-last scene, George W. Bush is sitting & watching a college baseball game. It's between the Texas Longhorns & the Miami Hurricanes. The announcer calling the game on TV in the movie (whose voice can be heard) describes a play on which the 'Canes' batter, "Monroe" (funny Presidential reference by Stone imo), knocks a ball into the RC gap. The Texas CF dives & misses the ball, and the batter-runner streaks all the way around the bases for an inside-the-park HR.

Now initially I didn't think anything of it, but as the movie's TV game broadcast showed a closeup of the Hurricanes' batter-runner rounding third, I thought, 'Wait -- was that Braun?' Sure enough, after he slid safely into home, Braun's cocky little strut was clearly visible as "Monroe" walked back to the Miami dugout. So even though I didn't really need to, I went back & re-watched the play a couple times, just to verify that it was Braun. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cool little tidbit for Brewers fans watching the movie. For reference's sake, the clip comes at nearly the 2-hour mark, and is less than 60 sec. before the end of the film. On the whole I thought the film was, at worst, worth watching. I didn't think it was too heavy-handed in one direction or another... but I meant to post about Braun being in Oliver Stone's latest film. Ray Allen... Ryan Braun... the legacy continues

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived