Brewer Fanatic

Griffey as proposed by Steve "Sparky" Fifer

Parra and someone else might get you either Freel or Weathers. Manny is having a nice year, but he's only been effective about 100 innings since being hurt. Unless the Reds don't like the vets, they can and will get more, especially Freel, who isn't that old, and is very versatile.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's exactly why I think he would fit well on the Brewz. He knows the division, has always been known as a good locker room presence and team player, and his versatility makes him the epitome of a band-aid . He also has a good deal of speed, and right now would be a good time to "buy low" on him, as his average is down and he's coming off an injury.

The emergence of Josh Hamilton and Brandon Phillips negates his value in terms of versatility. Furthermore, I could easily see them going the "Fire Sale" route and collecting prospects or cheap relievers.

i betcha Melvin was talkin to the reds about Adam Dunn. Hes a name thats still on the market but everyone has forgot about for some reason and i could definetly see him being moved as soon as possible. The brewers could really use a bat like him in the 5 or six spot because of Jenkins and mench being very streeky and and being only platoon players anyway.

This has been bandied about a lot but Dunn would be a short term rental for anyone who wants him, and he has no defensive value at all. And his average is poor; he's in possession of no speed... But that power... What is everyone's assessment of Josh Hamilton? He has persona problems but he's been the model citizen since being introduced to KFC Jr. and promptly taking his spot in center and right.

I thought at one point Griffey said he would be bored to tears if he had to spend one day in Milwaukee, let alone a few years. Maybe he's grown up since then. I think trading our longest tenured Brewer for a potential malcontent, when we are on the precipice of the playoffs, would degrade team morale to an extent.

Archived