Brewer Fanatic

Applying for a job question

sbrylski
I'm going to be applying for some internships. Many employers offer multiple internships, and sometimes more than one is of interest to me. I'll be emailing my resume with a cover letter to apply for the positions, but my question is if its alright to apply for two positions at the same time? And if so, would I write/revise one cover letter/resume for each position or include both positions in one cover letter? Usually they are quite similar jobs.

Yes, one cover letter and resume per company. Chances are, it will be the same recruiter looking at many internship possibilities. It is their job to assess fit. Make them feel smart. Tell them what you like to do and what you want to become. They will make the call.

i agree about just sending one since the internships will start on the same big pile. and definitely nothing wrong with mentioning you have interest in multiple positions (which, specifically). you can just say something to the effect that you have an interest and background in both and you'd enjoy the opportunity to talk with the person further about which one might end up being the best for both you and the company.

Archived