Brewer Fanatic

Moneyball: The Movie

RayKingsForemanGrill
If you think about it, Billy Beane was wrong about a lot of things in that book. I don't remember Jeremy Brown ever doing much in the Big Leagues. Nick Swisher wasn't the all star Beane thought he would be. They make fun of the Brewers for taking Prince Fielder. What a bust, there. Beane has a method to his madness, but in hindsight, some of his moves were questionable.

If Pitt is in this and gives half effort, it will be either better, or funnier (or both) than anything Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, or Martin Lawrence have done in ten years.

The book Moneyball has been discussed again and again (and I love the discussion/debate), but I think the movie would show a guy who is a renegade, to use the parlance of our times.

Many of the guys named in the book were not players Beane thought were the BEST players in the draft. It named guys they could afford with a small draft budget, and that were being undervalued by other teams.

The smugness of Beane, the writer, Morgan, and others on the fringe of this story is what could make it a hilarious movie.

I really hope it gets made.

Archived