Brewer Fanatic

Trade idea with Atlanta

A while ago I had proposed a Hardy for Blanco and Kelly Johnson trade. They could put Escobar back on the table in a possible Peavy deal.

Morton, Hart and Reyes all had disappointing years last year (Hart 2nd half only) so this idea might work. TGJ is nothing more than a throw in these days, imho.

But Hart wouldnt really have anywhere to play in that OF. They have the best OF arm in RF already, a big time prospect ready to take over in CF, and a very good hitter in Diaz in LF, only injuries slowed him last year.

Why wouldn't Atlanta just sign one of those guys (Griffey, Abreu, Dunn) themselves and not have to trade Blanco, Morton and Reyes?

What other deal can you unload two of the worst pitchers in the NL for a guy, who despite his flaws, is a coming off consecutive 20/20 seasons?

I won't mention Blanco and Gwynn, because really aren't they the same guy?

I'm all for shopping Hart for pitching, but those guys?

What other deal can you unload two of the worst pitchers in the NL for a guy, who despite his flaws, is a coming off consecutive 20/20 seasons?

I won't mention Blanco and Gwynn, because really aren't they the same guy?

I'm all for shopping Hart for pitching, but those guys?

I really did not look at the guys atlanta was trading. Now that I have i do not see how this trade would make us much better, so Atlanta might be up for this trade. i do not see why we would.

Because they're old & they want a young controllable OF. They really don't have any proven OF's on their roster.
Is Corey Hart really proven? One year with an OPS over .800. Sure he was a 20/20 guy last year but he has only had one good year. Don't get me wrong I really like Hart and expect him to improve a lot, but I just do not see a team giving up much for him. The more I look at this trade the more I see Atlanta would not be giving up too much but why trade a guy when his value is the lowest.

Archived