Brewer Fanatic

Bush, Capuano, Mench for Holliday

Would do it in a hearbeat. Holliday is one of the most under rated OFers in the game. Big right handed stick to bat behind Prince and replace Jenks once and for all.

Don't see Rockies wanting Mench but the other two would be a starting point.

[ Would do it in a hearbeat. Holliday is one of the most under rated OFers in the game. Big right handed stick to bat behind Prince and replace Jenks once and for all. ]

home: .379&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .426&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .670

away: .297/.348/.474&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Good, but not great. I'd take him over mench, no prob.. and he'd be great to have with the club for the next two years (he's a FA after '09), but I'd be leery of what they'd have to give up to get him.

I don't know. It kind of seems almost fair, but I am very very very leery of Holliday because of his home/road split. I think guys do tend to hit better at home, but not to that extent. However, if they could then flip Jenkins for a guy comparable to Bush or Capuano, I wouldn't necessarily mind the deal. I doubt they would shake up the team that much with them in first though.

Career splits for Matt Holliday:

Home OBP/SLG/OPS:

.422/.642/1.064

Away OBP/SLG/OPS:

.321/.441/.762

Quote:
False. No way the Brewers would dream of dealing 2 SP's and an OF for another OF...would he start over Geoff?

But you are ignoring what the Brewers could get for Jenkins. If they could get a starter for Geoff, they would basically be dealing 2 starters and an outfielder (Holliday doesn't need a platoon-mate so Mench is practically worthless in that situation) for an outfielder and a starter. That extra starter may or may not be worth the Jenkins to Holliday upgrade, but I could see such a thing being discussed.

Holliday is a stud. Would do this in a heartbeat. He's still improving and would give us a great stick to put behind Prince.

We'd still have Sheets, Yo, Suppan, Villy, and Vargas for this year. And our future lineup would be set.

Just depends on how high the front office is on Parra.

Selling Cappy before he hits the clearance rack?

Selling Cappy before he hits the clearance rack?

Not really, they'd be selling him at his lowest point. That doesn't make any sense, he's a pitcher that's pretty much been a 4.00 ERA guy for two seasons. That's good.

I really just don't think Holliday is that amazing of a player, either, though. Now, Cabrera is a stud. Holliday's just a good OF.

Archived