Brewer Fanatic

MLB '09 The Show

B2k1121
I use the Pirates, and i do hit HR's on a regular swing, usually when I least expect to. I hit a fly ball to right with Freddie Sanchez that must of cleared the wall by an inch, and yesterday, I was playing at Miller Park and hit a 3 run shot with Nate McClouth in the 7th to help me win 3-2. I, also have major probs scoring runs, but I am the Pirates, so I just figure it's realistic.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys use power swing or regular swing most of the time? You can hit HR's on regular swings, but I'd think getting hits would be a lot with regular swing.
I use regular swings and I get a lot of hits, including HR's. I also guess location, not the type of pitch anymore, so I get an idea where the ball is going to be. When I started using this method I started to beat up teams pretty good. Corey Hart hit two grand slams in one game, Mike Cameron in the next.

Craig Counsell, TGJr, and Jason Kendall are ground ball machines, and therefore were released.

Man, I love this game.

Two amusing things I saw playing as the Brewers tonight against my brother-in-law:

- I hit a homer with Braun, and he did a "strut" similar to that infamous one from a couple years ago. Maybe someone already mentioned that, but it was very funny.

- Prince got beaned, and totally flipped out...dropped his bat, then picked it back up and started shaking it at the opposing dugout, then got in the catcher's face. Kind of uncanny to see the ANGRY PRINCE!

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Just got the game and it is amazing! Played 7 games online and went 6-1! The best game was when I was playing the Braves, Jeff Suppan was pitching a perfect game through five, I was up 3-0, and my opponent forfeited. In MLB The Show '09, Jeff Suppan = Intimidation!!! Real life, however, is another story.

My pitching ERA for my online play is a hair over 1.00 (4 Games started with Yo (one was a CG SHO), one with Bush, Parra, and Suppan, and my hitting is coming along real well. I never use the Power swings and still hit a decent amount of home runs. I don't use the pitch locator as well. I prefer to feel the pitch coming in. Trevor has 3 saves so far with no runs allowed.

Is that league that was proposed on this thread earlier still alive and open to join? If not, will another league open soon or near the future? It would also be cool to play some individual games with you guys online as well.

Our league is underway. The first set of leagues were all set to Veteran difficulty. We were going to do all-star. As soon as this first league ends I am going to start another. Feel free to send me a buddy invite through the show and ill put you on our waiting list. This will be the 2nd league I have ran with flying colors(everyone plays most/all of their games). I will be bringing 4-5 from my current league and myself. Loveofweeks your still invited for the 2nd league if youd like. Gbush, let me know. Stoutdude04

So I played RTTS a ton this weekend and got through a whole AA season with my CF. I ended up hitting .290 and had a nice ending to the season. We missed the playoffs by one game as we lost the last game. I didn't even get an invite to camp but I started the second season at Nashville. Through the first 5 series I am hitting .416 with a slugging percentage of .660. I accomplished all my advancement goals but they still told me I need more time because I am new to AAA. I finally have my guy's stats up far enough so hitting isn't frustrating and now I'm just having a blast.

Couple of interesting things:

1. Bill Hall and Jason Kendall are both in AAA.

2. Attanasio went on a spending spree and the Brewers now have Pedro Martinez, Rafael Soriano, Eric Hinske, and Gary Sheffield (BOOOOOO!)

3. Brewers made the wild card and won the first series and lost the NLCS to the DBacks in 5. The Cubs of course won the division and then proceeded to win one game in the playoffs. Evil Empire won the WS.

4. Cameron and Gwynn are both gone and some guys named JA Casillas is starting in the majors. I'm thinking that must be Cain. Salome is the only one of the big three in the majors.

I'm almost always a sim kind of sports gamer, usually in it just to build rosters. This is the first game in a long time that I actually want to play the contests. I just enjoy the hitting aspect so much.

I didn't play that much over the last five days so I'm still in the middle of my second season, in late July I think. The Brewers are fifth in the WC race and it's not looking good. It's unfortunate too because the points you get in the playoffs are huge and there aren't any goals. So if you make the WS you can really beef your character up.

Right now I've got a BA of .436 and an OPS of 1.19. I've been knocking in quite a few runners lately and I have around 76 RBI. I don't qualify for any leaders unfortunately, but with some luck I could be there by the end of September. If I do I have to think I'll be MVP.

One thing I never realized is the big time effect that energy has on your guy. At the end of my second season I was mostly hitting weak ground balls and the occasional line drive. Come Spring Training I was hitting jacks like it was going out of style. By the end of the third week I had 6 home runs and 5 triples. I did some research and it seems like you absolutely need to put serious attribute points into your durability. It gives you a bigger boost in energy on off days and lessens the days off you're given.

If I hit another weak ground ball with the bases loaded on a fastball right down the middle I am going to scream.

By the way, could they have picked any more lamer music for a video game designed for 15-30 males? Rap and Heavy Metal would be the two genres that most of boys/men of that genre listen to and yet they music that I would only make prisoners listen to as punishment.

By the way, could they have picked any more lamer music for a video game designed for 15-30 males? Rap and Heavy Metal would be the two genres that most of boys/men of that genre listen to and yet they music that I would only make prisoners listen to as punishment.
I don't know about you, but I really like the Eagles of Death Metal "Wanna Be In LA" song. But that's just me.
Follow me on Twitter

Just started a RTTS as a left handed pitcher named Jack Bauer (number 24) a couple of days ago. It is unbelieveably awesome! I was really dominant in Spring Training until I got shelled the last two games. They put me in Huntsville as a middle reliever. Been doing really well and they finally gave me my first start right before the All Star Break (it seemed like I was basically competing against Tim Dillard to get the start) and I threw a two hit, complete game shutout with 8 K's. It bought my ERA down to around 1.40 and my WHIP is like 0.91. Huntsville clinched the first half of the season, but their second half has started off pretty poorly. The Brewers, by the way are like two games under .500 and far out of the Wild Card race. Cardinals are in first with the Cubs (wild card leaders) two games behind them.

I'm pretty excited what the rest of the season will bring!

I made AAA in my first season. In August of my second season I'm still getting told that I'm not good enough to be brought up yet.

My fear is how bad the Brewers in the bigs are doing. In May of the first year they traded YoGa for a AAA RP. The AAA team is looking to repeat (we're up by 11 games), but the big league club is something like 4th. Maybe they shouldn't keep a .300 hitting catcher (me), Salome (who's decided to move to OF), and Gamel in the minors through 2010.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived