Brewer Fanatic

MLB '09 The Show

B2k1121

For PS3, I started an online game, it downloaded the roster update, and during the game it cut to the dugout with Macha walking around. I saw the gray hair and he turned around to talk to someone and it said Macha on the back of his jersey. So I don't know what's going on, but that was definitely him.

I re-downloaded the latest roster today to double-check, and the manager's name with the latest update is 'Elvis Stafford'.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For PS3, I started an online game, it downloaded the roster update, and during the game it cut to the dugout with Macha walking around. I saw the gray hair and he turned around to talk to someone and it said Macha on the back of his jersey. So I don't know what's going on, but that was definitely him.

I re-downloaded the latest roster today to double-check, and the manager's name with the latest update is 'Elvis Stafford'.

Maybe he only shows up online for whatever reason, I don't know, but there's no doubt that it was him.

I bought it for my psp. I've only got one game in the books, but so far I'm ok with it. I won in veteran mode.

I haven't had a baseball game in a while so it's a little challenging to get used to the tools.

Graphics are just alright.

I like the guess the pitch when batting.

Hell's Bells tolled when I brought Hoffman in for the save.

All in all I think it will be worth some time.

Like I said earlier, I am in my second season as CP currently in AAA. My two biggest gripes so far are random games where no matter where you pitch it they hit it, like the computer has to win no matter what. Second for some reason when the other team bunts if you, as the the pitcher, try to get the ball if it gets to the mound you guy will stop and you are unable to pick up the ball.

They finally made it so the closers songs play? Hells Bells would be sweet!
Yep, I am just adding the real song for Hoffman and all the players.

If you check out Operationsports.com they have people helping make this game even better. Someone already put out a song pack filled with walk up music for almost every player in the game, they are working on the home run music for all teams, and full rosters with the top 100-200 prospects included.

I can confirm Macha was added. I just played an exhibition against the Nats after doing the Sports Connect roster update, and he came out when I had to take Gallardo out of the game. So I'm not sure if he only shows up in certain modes or what, but he's definitely in there now.

And yes, Hoffman does not have the real AC/DC song, but a bell does sound when he comes out. A close approximation, actually.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I've only played a few games in the Brewers franchise mode (maybe 6 or so) and every game there's been at least a 10 mph (usually 17 - 19) in the game. The wind is always blowing in and as a result most of the nice swings I have stay in the park. Is this just because it's 'spring' or is anyone else noticing this who has played it more?

If you check out Operationsports.com they have people helping make this game even better. Someone already put out a song pack filled with walk up music for almost every player in the game, they are working on the home run music for all teams, and full rosters with the top 100-200 prospects included.

I lied when I said 100-200 prospects, they are doing the entire minor leagues, and it will be accurate because they did the same thing last year and they were amazing.

Is this game almost too deep? I have to let the CPU handle half of the operations it seems (banking, injuries, marketing, facilities) and I'm still blown away with all there is to do.

I gotta admit, I giggled like a little girl when I got to the year end contracts screen and it told me Escobar's deal was up, but was not arby eligible. I could, however, offer him a contract. I ended up locking him up on a long term deal that took him through his arby years.

Then there's the 40 man, the rule 5 draft, the amateur draft in the middle of the season....I've never seen depth like this on a console.

forgive my ignorance but how do you download stuff like that. I think it would be cool, even though the game is as about realistic as i could imagine already.

When they release the new roster file (jesus that thing should be amazing), follow these directions (from the forum):

MK has been uploading it on sendspace in a PS3 folder IN A ZIP FOLDER.

Download the zip file to your desktop. Open the zip folder and download the PS3 file to your desktop.

You now have the roster file on your desktop. It simply says PS3.

DON'T OPEN IT, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING AROUND. COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. DON'T EVEN LOOK IN IT OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LIBRARY CARDS. LOCUST WILL ALSO CARRY OFF ANY ANIMALS THAT YOU LOVE.

1. Put your thumb drive (I have a CRUZER MINI) in a USB port of your PC.

2 Take this FOLDER (PS3) that is on your desktop and send it to your thumb drive.

3. Take the thumb thingy and put in a USB port on the front of your PS3.

4. Without the game playing you will see the PS3 panel with a whole bunch of stuff. You should see a game controller icon and the word GAME. Just above that is a FOLDER icon that says SAVED DATA UTILITY.

5. Go up to the SAVED DATA UTILITY folder and click Xon your controller. It will open.

6. You will probably see a bunch of Show files that you have saved (franchises/rosters, etc)

Ignore these and go up to USB DEVICE.

7. Click X and your USB DEVICE will open.

8. A window will open with an animation and it will say something like THE SHOW and will have the date and the name of MKs roster. This is what you want to copy to your hard drive.

9. Click on the TRIANGLE button of your controller and this will open another window.

10. You will see COPY. Click on COPY and it will copy this roster to your hard drive.

YOU ARE DONE. YOU ARE HAPPY! YOU ARE THRILLED! YOU WILL PLAYBALL!!!

Start your game, go to the GAME MODE screen and click on FRANCHISE. It will ask you if you want to use the CURRENT/DEFAULT/SAVED roster. Click on SAVED. It will show you this roster. Load that one and you are ready to go.

If you want to just play an exhibition game go to the HDD screen and click on LOAD and load the roster.

I lied when I said 100-200 prospects, they are doing the entire minor leagues, and it will be accurate because they did the same thing last year and they were amazing.

Can you post a link to this? Just so that i can keep checking to see if they post the link to download it

When they release the new roster file (jesus that thing should be amazing), follow these directions (from the forum):
Would they have this for the PS2 version too? The roster file at least? I know my PS2 has USB drives...

Can you post a link to this? Just so that i can keep checking to see if they post the link to download it

This is the thread that is going now, it will probably get quite long by the time they are done, already at like 25 pages, but they will post in there when they are done with it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb-rosters/296854-full-minors-roster-09-a.html

Sadly, it seems the more you play the game, the more you notice the surprising amount of bugs in it.

Fortunately, the first patch is available as of today to fix a couple of the little things, along with another roster update.

Yeah...I ran into a bug where my guy was supposed to catch an easy pop up, but for some reason bolted for 1B, and I could not get him to stop. The base running in RTTS can also be somewhat touchy. I liked last year's base running system better. Using the left analog stick is really touchy for some reason.

Also...ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH! I suck at hitting! I mean, I'm really, really bad. I could always do at least OK in the older versions, but in '09 I REALLY struggle. I seem to ground out and fly out constantly. I also hit pop ups way more than I used to. It always seems like I'm destined to hit into a double play when the situation arises. Any tips? Do I just need to mess with the sliders more? I'm getting hoarse from cursing at my TV due to this game.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yea, I'm pretty lousy at hitting and that's on easy with the classic 1/4 guess pitch feature on.

I don't remember having to get good wood by using the left analog stick so much. I'm sure that's why so many people are having issues with the hitting. I think it's tough to the point of being cheap.

Another thing from operationsports is the section about "sliders". I used a guy named Trinity's sliders and the gameplay is even more realistic as far as how many hits, homeruns, errors, etc. It uses Auto defense, which I was really skeptical about at first but after trying it I loved it. You still control the throw but the CPU fields for you. It makes the errors and range factors go strictly off of the players ratings. The routes they take to the ball and the fielding in general is so smooth and real looking when you use this. It may sound strange and its not for everyone, but if you like it to be more realistic I'd recommend trying it. There were just too many glitchy things on defense for me. The one I hated the most was when you try to dive and your outfielder flops to the ground and it goes to the wall because you made him dive, thinking you had the infielder selected.

Archived