Brewer Fanatic

MLB '09 The Show

B2k1121
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the game. I love the animations and the graphics. Batters tend to have their pre-at bat rituals down very closely. Not just their stance but their swings seem to be accurate as well. Very, very cool. The only thing I wish it included involves the minors. What would have made this game perfect would have been an A, AA and AAA team. Not just the teams, but also the rosters. I understand you can't include their names, but had they done something like Ben Lawson (Brett Lawrie), Luke Cano (Lorenzo Cain), and Jim Johnson (Jeremy Jeffress) for all three rosters this game would have been perfect from a Franchise mode standpoint.

I have a question for those who have tried RTTS in '09. Is it as frustrating as it is in '08? I love the concept and maybe if I had the patience I'd enjoy it more, but it seemed that if you wanted to get your ratings up, advance to the majors and actually stick around you couldn't sim much of anything. It meant playing hundreds of games and I just don't have that kind of patience. Also, the level of points you had to devote to attributes so they simply wouldn't decrease was quite a bit. Another frustration I had came from actual performance. I could get called up, bat .450 for a month and hit 9 bombs but get sent down in favor of someone who sucks. It was based on ratings and not performance. Has that been tweaked?

Did anyone buy this game for PS2? If so, can you share your thoughts on it? I have MLB The Show 07, so I'd imagine 09 would be quite a bit better. The reason I didn't get 08 was because I was told there wasn't a whole lot different from 07. Anyways...any insights one could give on The Show 09 for PS2 would be greatly appreciated!
Follow me on Twitter

Did anyone buy this game for PS2? If so, can you share your thoughts on it? I have MLB The Show 07, so I'd imagine 09 would be quite a bit better. The reason I didn't get 08 was because I was told there wasn't a whole lot different from 07. Anyways...any insights one could give on The Show 09 for PS2 would be greatly appreciated!

I've only played two games, but I think it's better than '08. It does also have the 40-man roster and all that. I think it's worth it given the price ($29.99). I know sometimes the 'potential' rating can be random, but does everyone else have Gamel, Escobar, and Salome as 'B' potential players? That was somewhat disappointing.

Fortheloveofweeks....Ive done a league before and I will be starting another one when the grace period is over. Its going to be a 10 man league with guess pitch off. 2 divisions and 4 teams make the playoffs. If you are interested let me know. Since most/all of the other members are also from wisconsin and brewer fans we are not letting anyone be the Brewers. To make it fun and interesting what we are going to do is put everyones name in a hat and 12 teams from the "middle" of the pack in terms of rankings. One last thing, we are requiring a pitching rotation be used. We havent decided if we are going to do 3 or 4 man rotations. Let me know, anyone for that matter. We have 6 or 7 commited at the moment.(ps3)

I'm struggling a bit with hitting yet, but am getting better. It still seems impossible to hit anything over 95mph squarely, but it'll come I'm sure.

As for pitching I tend to nibble unless I need a punchout and know the guy will chase.

Im pretty sure the grace period is for rosters and to make sure that people who buy the game dont join leagues and never come back. They are assuming if your around after 2 weeks youll be sticking around. Thats my best guess.

Well, I finally got the bats out of a slump. I played under legend for the hell of it. I also played the Nationals.

7 runs on 8 hits and 5 HR's (Hardy-2, Cameron, Fielder, and Hart)

Too bad I gave up 11 runs. lol

I like how all my HR's were on normal swing. I thought you would need power swing to hit one out, but that's not the case.

As I've started to play, I've noticed some other cool things about the game. Mike Cameron wears his sunglasses like he normally would on any really bright sunny day, as does Mike Rivera when he is catching.

The computer tends to dive for a lot more balls now, and the infield defense has been improved with both impressive plays and typical bonehead errors (Weeks ole'd a ball, Theriot let one go right through the wickets). Batting has been somewhat difficult, but it is just getting the timing back.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why in the world are Ed Sedar and Dale Sveum in the game as coaches, but Bill Castro and Ken Macha are not?
After downloading the new roster update I noticed Ken Macha in the dugout walking around, so you just need the new update.

After downloading the new roster update I noticed Ken Macha in the dugout walking around, so you just need the new update.

For PS2? I already have the update for PS3 and he's definitely not the manager.

For PS3, I started an online game, it downloaded the roster update, and during the game it cut to the dugout with Macha walking around. I saw the gray hair and he turned around to talk to someone and it said Macha on the back of his jersey. So I don't know what's going on, but that was definitely him.

Archived