Brewer Fanatic

MLB '09 The Show

B2k1121

Anyone else excited about this game? I just bought a PS3 solely for a good baseball game, as the 2k series is horrendous. Got '08 and so far it's up there with MVP '05 as far as great baseball games.

'09 comes out next month and so far from what I've read it is going to blow '08 out of the water. I just stumbled across this screen shot of Miller Park, looks like they have the shadows down perfect.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/867/1141/273196.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sony has added a lot of little details that the hard-core MLB fans have been shouting for, including salary arbitration, waiver transactions, September call-ups, and the 40-man roster.
This right here makes me think I'll probably pick up a copy. Some of the contract stuff was just so unrealistic for so long.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Yeah, I'm planning on picking this one up the day it comes out. I've had '07 and '08 on PS2, and look forward to getting this on PS3, now that I have that system.

Another cool feature I've read about is that if you have some kind of microphone, you can record your own voice and insert it into the stadium chants. Not sure how that will work exactly, but sounds interesting.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If anyone is interested, wants more screen shots, or info, this is the best site to get it from:

http://www.operationsport...m/forums/scea-sports-mlb/

They had guys that work for that site fly out to meet with the producers and developers of The Show, they got to play the game with them, ask them any questions they wanted about the game, and then they reported back on that site with their findings. So there is hours of reading material for anyone that is interested.

The game looks really good and will be in stores on 3/3. I am really excited because Gamel, Salome and Escobar should all be on there thanks to their September call ups last year. I wonder if the 40 man roster will be authentic. Will Mark Rogers have his character on there even though he hasn't seen any MLB time? The games looks great and I know I will be getting mine on 3/3!

I wonder if they finally fixed the one thing that always bothered me about Miller Park in pretty much every video game since its existence. Every game has the roof open no matter the date, no matter the conditions. I do realize having 4 different pre-set environments for any domed stadium would be kind of a pain, but having the roof open before May always kind of annoyed me.

The game looks good though, I'm sure I'll pick up a copy.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Looks great! I love the Show series, ever since MVP went out.

Anyone ever have that annoying bug where after a play a player would throw the ball to SS and the ball would go into the OF? That kinda bugged me

Another thing they should add is arguing calls. I think they are missing this to be the "Full fan experience"

The only bug I ever had in MLB 08 The Show was that after I would hit a home run another runner would be added onto the bases randomly. I don't know why this would happen but it would one game I had back to back home runs with Braun and Prince. I looked at the score and it went from a 0-0 game to a 3-0 game. In the replay it showed Sheets at 2B with Prince hitting the home run. That was a rather annoying little bug.

Anyone ever have that annoying bug where after a play a player would throw the ball to SS and the ball would go into the OF?

Had that one. I also used to get annoyed when I would hit a home run and the guy who hit it would just stand at home plate...he wouldn't run the bases and the game, while still running, was essentially frozen.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

nope, the show is only available for the ps3 and psp.

So, are they making this available on PS2 this year? Ohhhhh, my son is not going to be happy about that if that's true.

edit: it appears from my research that there will be a PS2 version available. Hopefully that's true.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

When I read the demo was available, I tried downloading it this morning, and boy, was it slow. I think after an hour of waiting, I was only up to just under 20%. Anyone having similar problems? I had to leave for work so I ended up turning off the PS3.

Oh well, just have to resume it after work later, I guess.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

When I read the demo was available, I tried downloading it this morning, and boy, was it slow. I think after an hour of waiting, I was only up to just under 20%. Anyone having similar problems? I had to leave for work so I ended up turning off the PS3.

Oh well, just have to resume it after work later, I guess.

My DL took about an hour total, but I happened to see it up right after it was uploaded, so I think I snuck the DL in before the servers got hit hard.

Archived