Brewer Fanatic

Shouse Signs with Tampa

edod

Shouse was solid, but for the first year and a half that he was here, especially that first partial year, it was almost painful to watch him.. i just KNEW that the big screw up was going to happen.. i KNEW that one of those frisbies that he would toss up was about to be pounded over the deepest wall of the stadium.. but it very seldom happened, and i came to trust in him very much.. sad to see him go, but a supplemental pick? awesome...

no way we let him go if we are not rebuilding.. it just makes too much sense given the direction. however, that doesn't mean we can't surprise this year.

no way we let him go if we are not rebuilding.. it just makes too much sense given the direction. however, that doesn't mean we can't surprise this year.
If I understand your double negatives correctly, you are saying that because we let Brian Shouse go, we are rebuilding. I fail to see how letting Brian Shouse go means we are rebuilding. He was a good reliever for us, but he is also 40 years old and wanted a multi-year deal. When you have a guy like Mitch Stetter, who is similar to Shouse but can also get righties out, at a much more reasonable cost, the decision is easy. Add to it the Brewers also signed RJ Swindle, who is another Shouse-like pitcher, and there is no reason to lock yourself into a multi-year deal with a 40 year old LOOGY.

If I misunderstood your double negatives, than disregard this post.

Follow me on Twitter

Archived