Brewer Fanatic

Shouse Signs with Tampa

edod

Now if Sheets does sign somewhere at worst we will have one 1st round, three sandwich pick, and three 2nd round picks. So we could have 4 picks in the top 54 and 7 picks in the top 75. That along with last years many picks should help restock the lower level of the minor leagues.

I wish Shouse the best in Tampa. It puts him on a team I like anyway. That said getting a sandwich pick for a 40 year old loogy is a plus.

But if you were naming your kid after a British glam rock band, Slade would be ok.

Here was Slade's pitch to teams:

I believe in Brian, my oh my

I believe in Brian', my oh my

Don't a GM need this man, try and sign him if you can

I believe in Brian, my oh my

We all need someone to K lefties my oh my

Ya need a veteran LOOGY, call me I'll be standing by

How many other Brewers do the Rays plan on picking up?
Upon reading the thread title, Robin19's remark is close to my first thought. Will Tampa's apparent addiction to ex-Brewers put them over the top in 2009?
My first thought was you clowns, you could have traded us for Fielder and instead you're signing Burrell and our castoff depth... My second thought was that at least ex Brewers get to fight the good fight against the rest of the AL East.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Nice to get a pick for Brian. Sad to see him go, but depth is never a bad problem. Best of luck to you in Tampa, Brian. Have fun trying to get David Ortiz, J.D. Drew, Nick Markakis, & Carlos Pena out http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have similar sentiments to express. I liked Shouse's personality and his performance, but the pick seems like adequate compensation. Best of luck in Tampa, Brian.

Without Shouse, who is the top lefty coming out of the pen for the Brewers? ... Stetter? Swindle? perhaps Cappy later on?

Oh man... I'm not even going to go edit that brain-fart. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

I just thought, 'Hmmm, who are the toughest LH power hitters in the AL East...' http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

But if you were naming your kid after a British glam rock band, Slade would be ok.

I see the negotiations going like this:

I like Brian Shouse

Dreaming of Brian Shouse

You like Brian Shouse

Arby or stay

See the Devil Rays

Sign Brian Shouse away

All thanks to Devil Rays

For the sandwich pick - Hey!

Archived