Brewer Fanatic

Harvey's Wallbangers on MLB network (Last week, you missed it)

Speaking of team videos... does anyone happen to have a copy of the 1987 Brewers Team Video? I remember watching that as a kid on our Beta machine like a million times but I can't seem to locate that video anymore (let alone find a DVD of it).

Rp

Note that it's fine to ask for help in locating a legit copy of a DVD or whatever, but we can't allow homemade copies to be exchanged here. Brewerfan could get its collective butt in a sling for that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Speaking of team videos... does anyone happen to have a copy of the 1987 Brewers Team Video? I remember watching that as a kid on our Beta machine like a million times but I can't seem to locate that video anymore (let alone find a DVD of it).

Rp

Magic, Miracles, and True Believers?

Grew up on that.

Magic, Miracles and True Believers is the 1987 highlight video. Reaching for the Top is from 1988.

And I'm sorry to sound like a schoolmarm, but 1992casey's right: we can't talk about homemade copies here. I don't think anyone wants Brewerfan to get cease-and-desist correspondence from a sharp-eyed copyright owner.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Magic, Miracles, and True Believers?

Grew up on that.

Yes, that would be the one... and of course I would want the legit copy and not a dub... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyone know where to find it?

Rp

-Edited to note: Actually I found that they have copies at the Public Library of all places. I'll pick up a copy and give it a view for old time's sake from there. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Just watched it. Tell you one thing...I wouldn't want to face Vuk anytime soon. That guy was the definition of intimidation. I enjoyed the montages on each of the major players...I lasted up to the World Series, but I had to turn it off as I couldn't watch them lose to those dang namitt Cardinals!

I just did a search on my receiver, and it's not showing up. That probably means that not scheduled in the next two weeks. Take technology for what it's worth, though. It's certainly possible that the program guide is lacking the correct information.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We had 6 guys in the top 18 of MVP voting that year, the lowest of which won the Cy Young. It's a darn shame that they never won it all because I really doubt any team in the '80s were anywhere close to them when healthy and motivated.

• 3 weeks later...
Kind of a follow up to the Harvey's Wallbangers on MLB Network. Tonight (Saturday morning) at 2 A.M. MLB Network has a program called Baseball Seasons and they are chronicling the 1982 Season. It originally aired on Wednesday but I just got around to watching it and it was pretty good. The Brewers of course are featured but it goes through the whole season and the major events that occurred throughout the season, which was pretty interesting in my opinion. They even mention the 2008 Brewers toward the end as part of the epilogue.

I watched it on Wednesday night, too. Very well done, with updated interviews and everything. I liked how they tied things to 2008 at the end as well. I wonder if they will produce a show for (just about) every MLB season in history.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived