Brewer Fanatic

removing bobble heads without damaging...

TURBO

rip off the head. it will stretch the spring way out. then cut the spring down a little bit with pliers of wire cutters to the desired size. put some crazy glue or small amount of great stuff inside and let dry. i did it and you cant tell the difference. good luck

depending on how well the spring is glued in place, i have used a heat gun (sometimes a hair dryer will work) and the glue gets soft enought to remove the head. they you don't have to ruin the spring or worry about cutting it down. also works well for when you get a bobble that is not attached and you can heat up the glue and reattach.

• 3 weeks later...
rip off the head. it will stretch the spring way out. then cut the spring down a little bit with pliers of wire cutters to the desired size. put some crazy glue or small amount of great stuff inside and let dry. i did it and you cant tell the difference. good luck
I really want to do this without destroying anything, but if all else fails, your way could be an option...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

a heat gun is something that is used on more of an industrial level. its about the same size as a hair dryer by the air that comes out is a lot hotter. Check out the link to see some. Lots of different places have them.

http://www.northerntool.c...isc&cm_ite=heat%20gun

thanks for the information, it won't damage the paint on the bobble?

A heat gun is used quite a bit in the painting industry. It is used to remove old paint.
so it would probably hurt the original paint on the bobble then?

I wouldn't think you would need to run it that hot to soften the glue. I have never tried to remove the spring from a bobblehead, but I have removed labels from Sports Illustrateds. In the case of Sports Illustrateds I usea blow dryer and a tweezers and the labels will peel off (years 1957 to the current years). The glue on the SI's soften up quite a bit.

If your worried, do it on an extra bobblehead then.

Archived