Brewer Fanatic

Yankees sign Pettitte - 1 year/$5.5 mil + up to $6.5 mil for incentives

Ennder

i kinda feel bad for Sheets now, just because $9M is less then he deserves, considering what lesser pitchers are making these days. sure, the injuries are a problem, but when he's healthy he's as good as anybody.

i'm thinking the Mets end up preferring him over Perez. otherwise he'd be a great addition to the Giants rotation. i really wonder if Melvin has a one-year offer on the table for him and how much Sheets is committed to leaving Milwaukee, that maybe he'd end up choosing to stay with us just to try to prove to other teams that he can have a full season of health.

To make room on their roster the Yankees designated lefty Chase Wright for assignment.

Wright is a guy who might be worth a waiver claim. He's just turns 26 next month, and was a combined 10-3 with a 2.80 ERA between AA and AAA last year. Wright could provide some starter depth.

When I was listening to XM this morning, some Yankees fan had the gall to call in and ask "Do you think the Yankees could still have room for Sheets and maybe be a sleeper candidate to sign Manny too?"

It's just overkill now for the Yankees. I hope they sign 10 more guys because if they do, they'll have to release 10 and some of those guys can play.

Archived