Brewer Fanatic

Dontrelle Willis rumor from MP usher

Just curious as to what about the Milwaukee environment you think would help him flourish? He hasn't been good in about a year and a half, and he's actually been a bad pitcher this year. I wouldn't mind him but I wouldn't give up much at all. He looks like he's pitching with an injured/overworked arm.

Quote:
He looks like he's pitching with an injured/overworked arm.

That's what Rosenthal et al on FSN just said when they were talking about potential moves. Willis' stock is dropping faster than a Sheets curve through the strike zone (to paraphrase). He's going nowhere.

Quote:
It could still behoove the Brewers to low-ball the Marlins with an offer for Willis, use him as a relief pitcher for the rest of the year, and then (hopefully) bring him back rested next year. Will never happen, but just a thought.

It is a worthwhile idea. He would be a valuable reliever. Despite his struggles, he is still murder against lefties. He just can't seem to do anything against righties. Have they just figured out his funky delivery, or is it something else? I would think a Mike Maddux cutter would give him a valuable weapon against righties. It would probably never happen, but its still worth monitoring the situation. Florida is a team that would covet Gwynn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived