Brewer Fanatic

selling cc sabathia game used bat

mattsr0625

ok guys i hate to sell this but i have the chance to buy something better for my collection. its a blonde lvs bat with a very slight handle crack. has his name and the milwaukee brewers stamped on the bat. has his number 52 wrote in big black marker on the knob. i am looking for 400 obo.

if interested please let me know. and i can send pics. thanks matt

by know the right people i guess. i was talking to a friend of mine and he happened to know someone that had it. turns out was not a baseball fan. i told him i wanted it and we came to a price and i bought it. i have no clue how he got it. but i got it right game 4. its nice to have in the collection, i have a bat from the entire starting lineup from last year.

that's impressive. I have no idea how people go about getting bats, other than buying em from the fan zone or something, and the prices there are obviously way higher than they should be. (counsell 250). I'd like to learn someones secret though.

This is just a story of sheer dumb luck, and the bat isn't from the greatest player, but I think it's kind of neat nonetheless. Back in 2007 I was at the Cubs-Brewers game on Friday, April 6th. My brother and I got there early and, since the Brewers were done taking BP, we walked down by the Cubs dugout. There is an usher who works down there fairly regularly who I know because my dad's company used to have season tickets in his section. Well, I went down to say hi to him, and he said he had something for me. He then pulled out a Cliff Floyd BP bat from underneath a row of seats. It turns out Floyd broke it and gave it to some of the grounds crew guys or something. Well, anyways, it was given to the usher, and he was told to give it to someone. He said he gave it to me because I was the first person who he knew that he saw. I examined the bat and honestly could not find where it was broken.

As far as getting it signed, I tried a couple times in the future but to no avail. At least I finally managed to get it into the stadium. (The first couple times I tried were not autograph Fridays and I didn't have a case for my bat, so apparently it was considered a "weapon." But then I managed to borrow a case from a friend and email Mike Serio, the head of guest relations, who gave me the OK to bring it in in a case.)

Basically, to wind up with a signed bat, you either have to get very lucky or pay a ton.

i have dealt with mike serio before and he was pretty helpful. but i was able bring my cirillo bat in the park and my prince bat with no problem. and if its considered a weapon then why didnt i get a bat case when i bought my braun bat. that must be a rule thats loosely enforced.

Archived